Planes and Sunshine

"Honey...we need to talk to you."

That's how it all started. The move, meeting Aristotle, everything.

"What is it?" I eyed my parents suspiciously as I ran down the stairs, coming from my room where I was busily studying. They shuffled in their seats as I sat down in mine across from them.

"Honey, I hope you don't overreact...the truth is that your father and I just don't love each other the way we used to." My frail mother sighed, tucking a strand of light brown hair behind her ear.

I sighed deeply. Mom and dad had been fighting for the past two years, finally they had reached a conclusion.

"We both still love you, but just not each other." My dad smiled sympathetically.

"I know dad, mom. I knew this day was going to come soon." I leaned back and looked at the ceiling.

My mom lifted her eyebrow. "You did? How?"

I shrugged. I just did somehow.

"I'm sorry Eve, your father and I are divorced already, and you'll be coming with me to Chicago with the rest of my family."

"Chicago is deadly, mom. Remember how we almost got killed by the bus?"

"Dear, that was a total accident."

"You never know..."

That was how it happened. Now, I'm at the airport.

My mom is hugging my dad, with tears in her eyes as she comes towards me to go off onto the plane. I groan as I realize that mom is going to be sitting near the very front while I'll be in the back. A.k.a. sitting next to a stranger.

Now let me tell you something interesting about strangers. Stranger danger lives all over my house, well my old one at least. Never talk to strangers. I shrugged as I walked towards the back.

I sat down and sunk into my seat until I realized that my heart was beating really really fast. I had never rode on a plane before. And my first flight was without my mom. Bad start already.

Someone next to me slammed into their chair as I felt mine shake, and he smiled at me. He had heavenly tanned skin, tousled brown hair, beautiful hazel eyes, wide shoulders, and an extremely attractive jawline. Holy, who is this Greek god?

"This Greek god's name is Aristotle Leonardo Colins, what about you, sunshine?" His golden deep voice chuckled, making his chest vibrate softly.

Oh God, did I say that out loud? Please don't say I said that out loud.

"You just said that out loud." Aristotle smirked, running his hand through his tousled hair. "Now are you going to tell me your name or not, sunshine?"

"You mean...the Aristotle? The Aristotle that-" I gasped.

"Yes, yes him. My mother seems to love that name." He smiled, scratching the back of his neck as he returned his stare at me, making me remember his last question.

"Uh...well we live in America, and here we are entitled to have freedom of speech. As said from the First Amendment-" I blinked furiously and blushed as I felt his finger on my lips, and hearing him groan playfully.

"Thanks for the speech, kitten. We'll save that for later, ok?" He smirked as he saw me nod and turn away from him, looking out the window.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts, turn off all electronics, and sit back, our captain will soon start the flight to Chicago, Illinois." The pretty blonde flight attendant smiled and licked her lips as her gaze fell on Aristotle. I looked at him, he was smirking slyly, his eyebrow raising, staring back at her seductively. She winked and walked back inside.

Aristotle sighed and laid back onto his seat, and did not buckle his seat belt. Oh heck no.

"Aristotle, was it? Please buckle your seat belt up." I looked at him with worried eyes.

He smirked once more, (I guess that was his thing) and raised his eyebrow. "Why so, sunshine?"

"First of all, the lady said we'll be flying. We can die if we don't have our seat belts on. Second of all, my name is not sunshine, why do you call me sunshine? Do I look like the sun to you? Am I radiating light at you, am I 92,960,000 miles away from you and is 3.5 million degrees, Fahrenheit?" I frowned.

He chuckled, shaking his head as he buckled his seat belt on. "Will do, sunshine. Will do." He looked at me slyly. I had my arms crossed, huffed and turned to the other side.

"I'd call you by your name, but you never told me what it was." Oh, I forgot.

Sighing deeply, I turned to face him.

"My name is Evelyn, or Eve if you'd like to call me that."

"Alright little E."

"I never gave you that choice."

I turned back around until I suddenly saw the seat belt button flash on and the plane started moving. I gasped and held my breath, slamming the window shut and gripping tightly onto the arms of the chair, closing my eyes. I heard a chuckle to my side, and opened one eye to look at him.

"This is your first flight, sunshine?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

I was about to open my mouth to say something, when the plane went over a bump, and I gasped again and shut my mouth up, choosing to nod instead.

Aristotle chuckled and leaned in closer to me. "It's fine, just close your eyes and relax."

"This is scary..." I whispered, getting flustered because I was showing weakness, which I did not like at all.

He sighed, looking at how I was fiercely clawing at the arms of my seat, lips tightly shut.

"This better help..." I heard him faintly groan as he moved a bit, then some shuffling was present.

I felt things placed on my ears, and my eyes flashed open. There was soft music, Beethoven? I smiled softly. I loved classical music. I looked at him, mouthing, "Thank you." He nodded, smiling, then closed his eyes and leaned back.

After a while of looking out the window, I realized how pretty the clouds were. They looked like cotton candy, but even fluffier and smooth. I imagined myself jumping and laughing as I sang on them. I jumped and gasped slightly when I suddenly felt something heavy plop on my shoulder.

I looked over. It was Aristotle, softly snoring on my shoulder. Boy, he was heavy. I reached over to shake him, but stopped. He helped me relax on this plane, I could at least let him sleep. I pushed him softly to get him into a better position on my shoulder, and he nuzzled himself into my neck.

This Aristotle boy is pretty...intriguing.