2| First Time

He still had his black office suit on, tie loosened around his neck and half of his shirt untucked from his bottoms. He had a small exhausted smile on his face as he saw that it was his younger sister behind the door.

"Well, well, look who decided to show up" Ashley smiled at him before giving him a small hug, pulling away and opening the door wider for him to get in.

"Better late than never", he said walking towards the dining area with his hands in his pockets.

"Guys, we have a late guest!" She announced as the two walked into the dining room, hearing her father, Emily and Dominic discussing over something. Everyone at the table looked their direction.

"Kevin, it's great you're here, now it's the whole family!" Their mother said excitedly as she stood and hugged Kevin. The rest stood up and hugged him too, except Dominic who just stretched his hand out towards him.

"Well, Dominic, look at you, seems you're not as fictional as my sister made you sound", Kevin said with a small hint of a smile. Ashley felt her face heat up with embarrassment at his sudden comment.

"Kevin, no, not at all. Considering we spoke a few times on phone, I thought you believed I was as real as I could be" Dominic chuckled lightly, reminding him of the few times Ashley made them talk to each other.

"Of course, I recall", he chuckled, rolling his eyes from the tip of Dominic's hair to the bottom of his black Timberland boots. He dressed in dark blue jeans, folded twice up below his ankles, over it he paired a nicely fitted, plain green, long sleeved shirt which hid his sleeved tattoos.

It would not seem sweet meeting Ashley's family for the first time looking like he worked for Al Capone.

"Okay I think the introductions are done, can we proceed with the dinner? It could get cold", Mrs Hail said before they all sat back down, Dominic still on Ashley's right side as Kevin made his way to her left.

Everyone ate the meal in joy and had a great time, including Kevin even when he asked Dominic questions as though he could have killed the Queen. Ashley did not like the way he made him uncomfortable but Dominic did not show vulnerability, he sure as hell knew how to talk to her brother.

"Whilst you're in London, do you plan on doing any work?"

"Yes, actually. I have a friend a few blocks away who runs a company, so in the meantime I'll be helping him out as an acting Accountant Director", he smiled proudly. He was truly confident with every word he said.

"Accountant Director? That's impressive", Luke said taking a drink of his wine. The dinner went on just as fast as it started. Eventually the parents had to leave and even after multiple times of resisting, Emily ended up helping Ashley out with the dishes which she was deeply thankful for considering how many they were. Dominic wanted to help out but he could not escape Detective Kevin.

Before they knew it, Emily and Luke left as well, leaving Kevin who was now seated in the living room with Dominic, watching a baseball game. With every second, they began getting closer.... Or maybe it was due to the multiple glasses of wine her brother had?

"I should get going now. It was great seeing you, man", Kevin said hitting his shoulder with Dominic's as they both stood up.

"Are you in the right condition to drive? You could spend the night", Ashley said with worry before facing Dominic to see if he was for the idea, he just shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

"No, no, I absolutely can't. I need to get going. Plus I have work tomorrow morning. I'm alright. You worry too much", Kevin chuckled with a hiccup at the end. But that was sure not convincing enough.