Chapter 33: Thank You, Marvolo

Start from the beginning

"Do...do you have any ideas?" Julien asked, looking remarkably uncomfortable. In fact, all of his followers looked uncomfortable with the topic and Marvolo felt a savage pleasure that he wasn't alone in his misery.

"I had originally intended on moving my plans to kidnap and torture Dolores Umbridge ahead of schedule and present her suffering corpse to then kill at his pleasure."

"My Lord, might I suggest not doing that?" Lucius asked and he looked horrendously amused and disgusted.

"Lucius is correct, My Lord," Julien insisted. "Tortured people are not the typical gift one expects for Christmas."

"And from our encounters with Lord Potter," Avery continued. "I do not believe it is something he would particularly appreciate."

"You are probably correct," Marvolo admitted sourly. He could just imagine the delightful picture of pure fury Harry would be if he did actually gift him with a person. The fury shining in his eyes, face flushed with rage, might actually be worth it, Marvolo thought.

"Perhaps you could purchase him something useful?" Patrick said nervously. "Perhaps in regards to his Inheritance or his Houses. My wife always prefers it when I purchase her gifts of practicality." The idea had merit, Marvolo supposed and there was one thing that Harry had mentioned needing for his Necromancy that as far as Marvolo was aware he had yet to get.

"I don't know if I can be of assistance, My Lord. Narcissa always provides me with a very exacting list of everything she wishes."

"My late wife always preferred pretty things, I'm afraid I don't believe Lord Potter shares that taste," Julien admitted.

"Lord Potter is not my wife," Marvolo snapped coldly. The idea of these men providing him with suggestions they used for their wives was bizarre.

The men before him exchanged glances that Marvolo couldn't decipher. He was about to peer into their minds to better understand when Rabastan spoke. "Lord Potter is rather sentimental, perhaps something along that vein."

Yes, Harry was very sentimental but that meant choosing something from the heart and Marvolo didn't really know how to do that.

"Why would you wish to provide Umbridge specifically, My Lord?" Severus asked, he seemed particularly stuck on this particular fact.

"Because she tortured him," Marvolo seethed, hands clenching tightly together to contain his anger. "She tortured him and mutilated him and I promised him vengeance."

"How did she torture him? I wasn't aware they had any interaction at all," Avery said confused.

"I recall Lord Potter received numerous detentions from the woman but that can hardly be considered torture," Severus ventured hesitantly.

"Blood Quill," Marvolo bit out, standing to pace in front of his desk. "Had him carving into his own hand night after night. Admittedly, I find the concept of such sadistic torture fascinating. It's a technique and concept that I am intrigued to test out myself. But Harry should not have suffered that. She hurt him, she scarred him. Umbridge will suffer."

The men in front of him stared at him with wide eyes and he saw them shake under the intensity of his magic but he didn't bother tampering it. He needed to release his magic on something or someone. Drawing his wand he aimed it at the group of them, not particularly caring who he hit. Someone was screaming but he could hardly hear it through his rage.

Suddenly, an equally Dark Magic was mingling with his own, soothing and calming his racing, enraged, heart. Marvolo looked at the door. Harry was poking his head into the office, eyes darting about and taking in Rodolphus and Avery on the ground.