Chapter 2: What is Happening

What is Happening?

Groaning, Harry opened his eyes. He was stiff and achy. What the hell had happened? Everything was so fuzzy in his head. He remembered being in a fevered, itchy, pain for the past few weeks and then suddenly it was all great. Was the tattoo real? And then...wait did his Uncle die? Wait...did he kill his Uncle? He groaned again and blinked his eyes to clear them a bit. After a few blinks, he was able to see clearly again, once again pleased that he didn't need glasses anymore.

Though once he took in the sight of where he was, Harry began wishing he couldn't see after all. It was like he was in some kind of cage or dungeon or prison or a combination. There were three walls of solid stone that looked dark and damp and then the fourth wall was comprised of prison bars. There was a torch near where the bars met with the stone wall but Harry could tell from where he sat that the torch would be just out of reach. Speaking of sat, Harry realized it wasn't exactly sitting so much as bound and tied to a chair.

Harry gave an experimental tug and winced as the rope strands dug deeper into his wrists. He was still only in the boxers he had worn out of the bathroom and goosebumps were appearing on his skin from the dank and chill air. Where was he? He couldn't see anyone, which didn't mean there wasn't anyone. Was he actually in prison? He thought Moody had arrived but maybe that had been part of his fevered dream state and it was someone else. Was he in Azkaban? He didn't think it likely. He would have at least had a trial and then he would have been given prison garb.

If he was with the Death Eaters Harry was sure he would have been woken up to torture. So if he was with the Order why was he tied to a chair and behind bars? "Hello?" he called out deciding that finding out what was happening was worth the risk. If it was Death Eaters at least he would know for sure and then he could plan his escape accordingly.

No one responded but there was the sound of a door being opened and then it sounded like footsteps coming downstairs. A couple of footsteps. So, multiple people...Harry mused. He hadn't realized there had been stairs in the room either. Good to know, he thought inwardly.

"Ah!" Harry cried out as the entire room was suddenly alight with glowing balls of light floating in the air. Blinking once again to try to get his eyes focused, Harry tried to examine who had arrived. Moody, Dumbledore, and Kingsley and some woman that Harry didn't recognize.

"Harry, I'm glad that you are awake now," Dumbledore spoke, his voice was still gentle and if he wasn't tied to a chair with bars separating them, Harry might have been more willing to buy the grandfather act.

"Professor, what's happening?" He rushed out. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding. His Uncle had died and Harry was pretty sure he had done it. Maybe they had thought he was possessed and was tying him up just to be sure. Professor Dumbledore would clear it all up though. "Please, sir. What is going on? Why am I tied up? I promise I'm not possessed or anything."

"Yes, my boy, and that is what is most troubling."

"What?" Nerves twisted in his gut and trepidation started to grow but Harry still clung to the hope that this could all be sorted. "What's happening, please?"

"What's happening is that you are Dark, Potter," Moody growled out in disgust.

Harry gaped. "Are you serious? How can you say that? It's me! Harry. I'm just Harry. I'm not Dark," he pleaded, still finding it hard to believe he was having to do so in the first place. "Is this about my Uncle? I swear I don't know what happened. If anything it was an accident. But I'm not Dark."

"It is about your Uncle, my boy, but more importantly it is what you have become. But don't worry, my boy. We will take care of it. Just trust us."

Harry's mind was racing. What was Dumbledore talking about? His Uncle had been an accident. He wasn't Dark! How was Dumbledore going to take care of it? All four people on the other side of the bars raised their wands and Harry felt panic bubbling within him.