Chpt 1- Greetings

"And your new N

"And your new N.X.T. Women's Champion is 'The DayDream'," The announcer shouts into his mic before the stadium erupted into cheer. I sat on my heels tears in my eyes as I stared down at the Golden Championship. Making my way to my feet, I make my way towards the ring post and begin my climb. Raising my championship high above my head, as tears raced down my face. The NXT universe chanting my name.

'DAYDREAM!!'

'DAYDREAM!!'

'DAYDREAM!!'

Placing the championship on my shoulder. I left the ring and retreated backstage, my hands desperately trying to wipe away my tears. Wrestlers I called my friends were lined up waiting for my return. My tears grew and I began to sob. The Championship held closely to my chest. Claps and mountains of congratulations were hurdled towards me until I closed my changing room door. Taking a deep breathe I laid the championship down and began to remove my ring gear. Switching it out for a baggy shirt and a pair of tights. Cleaning the room as I went it wasn't long before my suitcases were packed and the room looked as if I was never there.

Closing the door behind me, I guided my suit cases to the loading dock of the stadium. A championship hanging from my shoulder.

Rhea saw the frantic manager in the parking lot. They stopped every female wrestler on their way to their rental. Often receiving a shrug of the shoulder or a shake of the head "no" before repeating their process. Rhea knew she couldn't stay up in the lobby for the rest of they day, the establishment would eventually put her out for loitering. So she took a deep long breathe before making her way to her car. As she expected at a moments notice the manager was at her side asking their question.

"Hi, good day. Sorry for bothering you, but do you think it's possible for a NXT wrestler to road trip with you to the next venue," The manager asked, looking up at them Rhea grimaced. Her eyes jumping to the other cars in the car park and finding two other wrestler, starting their car. She wanted to say no. She wanted to flip off not the manager but what they represented to Rhea, 'an unfair disadvantage to every other super star that had to rely on public option and talent to have books, but with a manager that was obsolete.' But she didn't instead she offered a closed lip smile and nodded, much to the elation of the manager.

Ringggg

Ringggg

Ringggg

The sound of Rhea's phone ringing forced her attention away from the manager. Opening the trunk to her car Rhea reached into her back pocket of her jeans as say the name Dimitri. Letting out a shaky breathe Rhea, closed her eyes as she thought about her next actions before answering the phone.

"Thank you for finally answering the phone, Demi" Dimitri stated his voice flat as he talked to his girlfriend. Closing her hand into a fist, Rhea felt her temper rise at his comment. Taking a deep breathe, Demi slowly unclenched her hand. Letting her eyes fall on tall dark skinned woman that ran across the car park with more than a few bags trailing behind her. A championship on her shoulder. Rhea felt a scowl form on her face, 'God please don't let that be who I am spending the next eighteen hours trapped in a car with'.

"Are you even listing to me. Demi are you there," Dimitri asked.

"Yeah I am here, grabbing onto every word being said," Rhea responds.

"Okay I get it you don't have to be such a bitch about it,"

"I am so sorry, I am the one being a bitch. I am sorry I am unable to drop everything to come visit you at a moments notice anymore, because I have to work to pay for our house," Rhea states getting louder as her anger grows. Moving the phone from her ear. Rhea smashed her thumb against the red call button before sliding her phone into her pants.

Max observed the blond closely, from the backwards cap on her head to the black tank top that showed her muscles and the pair of sweats that hung from her hips. Max couldn't help but think, 'Damn she's really pretty'. Her eyes went over her face, almost as if she was trying to commit it to memory. Rhea's lips begin to move and she sees the briefest flash of a tongue piercing. For the first time that night Max's mind is blank, as she tries to catch the last of what the blond was saying.

"- and now that I have gotten that out of the way, there should be no surprises. You ready to go, partner?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I am ready whenever you are," Max replies, putting her weight on the car. Looking over at the girls bags, Rhea began to load them into the trench and back seat of her car. Placing her title under the passenger seat, Max helps her.

§§§§

" My name is Max by the way," Max blurted out as they got onto the free way, eyes never shifting from the road," I think it would be a good idea if we got along, you know. We're gonna be confined to a car for what, a day. So how was you match this week? Do you know who your wrestling next week? If you need a sparring partner, I could fill in. I learnt to take a hit a while ago."

Rhea never responded and Max began to play with her phone.

"My names Demi, but you can call me Rhea. We don't know each other well enough for actual names," Rhea softly spoke, her eyes shifting to the girl in her passenger seat. Looking away from her phone Max smiled at her.

"Well then the name is Daydream," Max replied.

I am posting the drafts I have because why not?How was this chapter?Do you like their interactions?Feedback is appreciated :)

How was this chapter?
Do you like their interactions?
Feedback is appreciated :)