(1) Loss

My father and I have never gotten along, but it got worse after my mother was killed. He blames it on me because I was there when it happened. My mother and I had a very close relationship, she was my best friend. I was never allowed to go to school because my father deemed it as "too dangerous" because it might "interfere with his work" so I was always homeschooled, my mom was my teacher.

For as long as I can remember I've had these abilities. I was just be sitting at home one day wanting to change the channel on the T.V. but the remote was too far, I stuck out my hand to it, it began to glow white. It moved into my hand. My mom said it was a gift from the gods. My dad just saw me as a disgrace.

It was a normal day, my mother took me to the store to get groceries with her. She was pushing the cart, I was following along side it. I knew my dads work was dangerous. One of his rivals spotted us. My father believed he followed us the whole way there. Two shots was all it took to see my world crash down. I didn't use my abilities to help. I just stood there, watching her scream in pain. Iwish I did more. My father blames me and I've begun to think the same. I was only 10 at the time.

Home was never the same. My father never even looked at me. Not even a quick glance. I stopped caring about my school. My father hated me so much I started hating myself too. The time when I should've been doing my school work all I did was train. I trained to fight. I trained to kill. I practiced with my powers, picking up and throwing dumbbells across the room. Just sending energy blasts at the punching bag and watching it fly back.

That's when my father noticed me. Well, he didn't notice 'me', he noticed my arms getting bigger, he noticed the damage in the workout room, knowing some teenager couldn't do that with just their own two hands. I guess he decided I may be useful to him now that I'm not some scrawny little girl. That's when he gave me my very first mission. I executed the plan flawlessly, we were now $10,000 richer thanks to our local bank. It was easy to break into things and not get caught when you don't have to touch anything. My father smiled at me for the first time since my mother passed.. It wasn't a very nice smile but it's progress, I think.

We did as much as we could in our town. Robbed a few banks, killed a few rivals. People feared me, they feared what I may do to them. My dad decided to move and grow his business elsewhere. He told me he'd found the perfect spot where I would be able to collect him millions of dollars. Jump City.