Truth lies

Free tried to break free as the policers took him to where the execution would take place. There was a small conference deciding what to do with them, and the final answer was execution. 

Free, Sisco, Gou, Naoki, Jin, Basara, and Ilya were the ones caught. The others either escaped or managed to be free as their records didn't include severe crimes. Shirasagijo Lui and Aiga Akabane's names were cleared by the head police officer Valt Aoi, and there were no search records of Boa Alcazaba for a while. 

The seven caught criminals were bowed in front of something which looked like a steel table, and Free instantly realised how they were going to die. The government was about to take their heads off.

As the executioner readied the weapon which would take all of their heads in one go, a shout was heard from the entrance.

"CHOTTO MATTE!"

                                              [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"Free's story?" Shu asked, bewildered.

"Yes, Free's story. Do you think he started killing just for fun?"

"U-Um...no?"

"So you did."

Shu scratched the back of his head and Boa laughed.

"So...why did he start killing?"

Boa sobered up.

"Well you see...Free was extremely close to the police departments, as both of his parents were police officers. Their family friend, Theodore, once made Free promise that he'd join the police too, and he agreed.

"But after a few years, Free's parents were framed of murder, when they didn't. The original culprit was Theodore, but as the man didn't want to die, he framed Jeremy De La Hoya. When Jeremy was executed, his wife killed herself, leaving their son all by himself. And that's how Free's hatred for the police and Theodore began."

There was a strained silence as Shu processed what he'd heard. Theodore, who he thought to be a good person and a hardworking and honest head police, framed an innocent man, leading to their whole family's destruction. He couldn't believe Theodore destroyed a happy little family and turned it into hopeless ashes. And the only survivor was a serial killer.

"Boa, tell me all of those culprits' stories as I drive you somewhere?"

                                              [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

The execution court was in silence when Shu told them the stories of all the killers, and the judges and lawyers were discussing something quietly. But soon, the judge made way for himself and said, "Case cleared. But the culprits would be jailed for eight years for their deeds."

The policemen dragged the criminals outside to the police van, but not before Shu's and Free's eyes met, and the latter truly smiled for the first time.

Shu felt butterflies in his stomach seeing that smile, but felt a wave of sadness seeing him being dragged to the police van and taken away. But he didn't lose hope, and decided to wait for eight years.

"He'll be back. Eight years would pass by before you know it." Boa said with a kind smile.

                                                 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

It was a cold January morning and Shu was snuggling against a blanket, snoring quietly. He was awake all night crying. Boa's death really affected him, even if it's been a month since. The 29 year old man didn't knew if anyone would make him happy anymore.

But then there was a knock against his door, waking him up, "Pizza!"

Shu frowned. He had ordered pizza, but that wasn't what halted him. It was the voice of the delivery guy, which was oddly familiar yet unfamiliar.

The albino opened the door for the pizza, taking his wallet along with him to pay the guy. But the wallet fell out of his hands in shock seeing the person.

"F-FREE!" Shu said and hugged the man, who looked quite older and buffer now. Free smiled whole-heartedly, his eyes almost closing and his cheeks pulling up at the delighted smile.

Shu lead him inside the house and they sat side-by-side on the couch, and Shu informed Free of Boa's death by cancer.

"H-He was the one who told me of the truth about all of you..." Shu burst into fresh tears again and Free comforted him by wrapping an arm around his waist.

They stayed in silence, Free patting Shu's fluffy hair with his other hand as Shu almost laid on his lap. After a while, the policeman asked, "How old are you?"

"24", Free said simply, and Shu smiled.

"What happened to your police head bestie?" Free asked and Shu laughed.

"Valt? He's still the police head, even if he's talking about resigning. He's part of a throuple relationship with a couple of your old buddies, Aiga and Lui. They're kinda nice if you know them up close though. They love each other very much."

"So..." Free said awkwardly and Shu gave him a confused stare.

"Have you...thought about us?"

"Huh?"

Shu, I love you. Are you just gonna keep it like that?"

Shu stared at his lap in silence, trying to hide his blush. But Free saw it and smiled, "So you like me too?"

"I used to think you only loved to use me..." Shu said quietly and Free shook his head, "Never."

The blonde leaned in and placed a gentle kiss to the other's lips, which turned a little aggressive as Shu kissed back. They French-kissed for a couple of minuets and pulled away.

"I love you too..."

The end.

It's been a long time since I started this story, and I'm happy it got a lot of readers along the way. And the fact that it is one of my most read stories. I'm happy that I was able to make a big crowd of supportive readers along the way, and thankful that they were all patient with my very less frequent updating.
And as tomorrow is my last day, I'll write and finish "Psycho's pet", and then close this account. I'm giving up on "Difficult soulmate", but not actually deleting it.
Hope you all stay safe and happy.

Fin.