CHAPTER-1

It was raining in mid summer when I stepped out of the car and walked to the front door of my house.  I was soaked when I opened the door to my house to find my husband basking in the candlelight waiting to have a romantic dinner with me. The candlelights made his jawline look sharper with concern at my late arrival.

His deep brown eyes told me how eagerly he had been waiting. The half burnt candles told the story of his love and patience. The dish which was served with a Michelin star precision has now gone cold. I was again late but he just smiled upon seeing me. My heart could not have loved the man more than at this moment.

"Oh Adam! Thank you for the surprise, honey", I said , kissing him and hanging my overcoat beside the door.
It's nothing, he told me. "You would starve yourself to death working like this". His worry for me was obvious.
I felt guilty about spending so much time at work but my research was finally at a breakthrough moment. It was taking all my might to see it to the end. I promised him I would take care of myself.

"Come, take a seat", he said, pulling my chair out for me. These little things that he does for me everyday reminds me of how much he loves me.

I took a moment to appreciate the dinner he had prepared while he reheated the food.
I asked him how his day had been. He told me about the patient whose pants were burnt, and when asked if he had had any alcohol he said no! But he was reeking of alcohol, so the doctor just said "liar, lair, pants on fire".

Adams said he couldn't stop laughing so he hastily transferred his nursing duties to another nurse and ran out of room trying not to laugh at the patient.

He asked me how my research was coming along. I just smiled at him and told him TOP SECRET.

"How about a vacation to Hawaii or some tropical island. You have been working too hard recently. It will give you a break and for us to spend some uninterrupted time together." It was just like him to come up with a solution to my stress. I couldn't possibly tell him no, seeing all the concern and love radiating from him.

After that we ate in comfortable silence just gazing into each others' eyes. He offered to do the dishes while i freshened up. I went upstairs all the while thanking my lucky stars for the kind and loving man i had as my husband.

He came into the room while i was drying my hair, standing in a bathrobe. His gaze swept over me fixing a second or two longer at the swell of my breasts. We both knew what came after if the hunger in his eyes were anything to go by.

My eyes fluttered open from the sunlight assaulting my eyes. My muscles were sore from all the lovemaking as I stretched my hand to find Adam nowhere in the bed. His side of the bed was cold. I went down the stairs in search of him as He never woke up before me.
I found him hunched over my laptop.

"What are you doing Adam?" I asked him sleepily. He hurriedly shut off the laptop as if it was on fire.

"Oh! Nothing, honey just looking for your calendar to book the vacation we talked about yesterday" he said worriedly.

Something was wrong and i was still too sleepy to figure out what. I just kissed him on the cheek and rounded the kitchen island to brew a cup of coffee to take to work later.

"Are you on shift today?" I asked him