Chapter 44: Strange Signs

Start from the beginning

The film cut out, but another had already been sent.

"Sorry! Apparently you have to keep your finger on the button, my bad! As I was saying....where was I again?" he looked above the phone to Yelena.

"You're glad he's played even if you now have to...?" Yelena answered.

"Right! Even if I now have to show him up in yet another event!"

"Before you go," Yelena shoved her way into view, "If you're watching this, Loki, you look so silly with the headset and the screaming, the way you looked so shocked that he called you something," she laughed at the memory, "The person on the other end is most likely some teenage punk, you know that right? And it's a fake world you were playing? Just thought I should remind you how stupid you are, though I appreciate the comedic gold you gave Wren to send me, it was great. I screen recorded it, in case Wren didn't tell you, and I will pull it out whenever I need embarrassing footage to throw in your face. Ok, that's all for now, byyyye," she said quickly as the video ended. 

With Yelena's message gone, you could now see Peter had sent one.

"Let's see what Parker has to say, why don't we?" he said, reaching for it.

"No let's not---"

He tapped it before you could move.

Peter's laughing pic and caption did little to brighten Loki's mood.

You quickly tapped to respond, taking a selfie of you and Loki before he could protest. It was the funniest shot of him opening his mouth to argue, eyes looking angrily at the screen, while you grinned with a thumbs up. You saved and sent it in the second it took Loki to grasp what was happening.

You closed your phone, still smiling at your success.

"Darling."

"Yeah," you looked up. His face said the rest. "Ohhh, I should probably, ya know, run right?"

"That would be wise."

"Five second head start?"

Loki sighed, looking like he wasn't going to agree.

"5, 4---"

"You're the best!" you yelled sprinting out of the room.

Naturally he got you, and you were soon tied to a tree outside, while Loki stood in front of you fiddling with your phone.

"What's the password, Darling?"

"Like you'd know how to type it in even if I told you."

"Ha! Got it."

"No you didn't!"

He turned it for you to see.

"How the hell did you do that???"

"Seriously, you chose the date of your arrival here? How many numbers of significance could you have set, and you chose one I knew?"

"It was the first one I thought of."

"Ok, now, I just select this little yellow thing with the ghost," he muttered to himself, looking like such an old man as he tentatively tapped the Snapchat icon with his index finger, "No, why is it showing me??" 

He fiddled with it more. 

"How am I a dog??" 

More swiping. This time he jumped back.

"What the hell did it do to me???" he said, opening and closing his mouth, turning his head from side to side, and moving his eyes around as the filtered version of himself did the same in it's own contorted way.