Entry 2

(2)

Gradually, eyelashes flapped to open. Chuuya blinked from the distracting light rays that seeped out from the windows. He turned his head and with much blurry eyes discerned a face.A certain familiar face, a visage he had longed for so long he barely remember...

Chuuya missed those deep bottomless orbs, and likely the blank expression which would turn mischievous any minute. And the teasing voice which would always call his name.
With a fatigued body, Chuuya forcefully lifted up a hand and reached those plump cheeks which occasionally would be tampered of bandaids and patches.

" ... Dazai..?"
Blossoming a dead smile, Chuuya called out. A hand grasped Chuuya's lifted hand and the person with unfamiliar voice replied which made Chuuya suddenly awakened.

" I ...am not Dazai. "

*****

4 years ago ...

" Why am I constantly fainting? Why am I getting picky on everything I eat?! What's the problem with me??"
Chuuya huffed as he sat in the bed. Kouyou was beside him never saying anything. Chuuya was more annoyed by the silent treatment thus suddenly punched the side table near.

" What's wrong with me Kouyou-neesan?! Why am I so irritable for reasons I don't know? C-Can you please tell me?.."
Awhile, Chuuya felt like wrecking everything but the next seconds he felt overly frustrated and crying even though nothing much was going on or so he thought. He felt like being condemned, his eyes were forming tears which added to his loathing feelings.

Until the door of the room opened and Mori Ougai went in.

" Boss.. .? "
Chuuya called out as he fixed himself, he doesn't want to look weak in front of the Boss, he was about to climbed down from the bed when Mori uttered,

" Chuuya-kun haven't I told you not to supervise nor take some case for awhile? "

" But Boss!! What should I do aside from that?! You didn't gave me orders as well , I can't stand idle! Look, because of doing nothing for awhile I felt like I'm out of shape, I felt weird perhaps if I go to work---------"

" Chuuya-kun, you're body hasn't gone out of shape nor weird. Just you are bearing a... child. "

At once, silence dominated the room. A chill run down on every spine of Chuuya's wholesome after hearing the statement of Mori. Kouyou drooped her head and Mori reached out a result paper to Chuuya.

" A month ago where you suddenly collapsed, I had checked you up and unbelievably I found out there's another life within you... I even doubted and thought perhaps I'm wrong but you, Chuuya-kun showed the symptoms... That's the reason I'm preventing you from overworking yourself, it'll cause harm for the unborn child. "

" BULLCRAP! I'M A MAN!!"

" Consider it as another enigmatic phenomenon. As expected of this mysterious world. "

" W-What... no. How can that be.."

" There are irregularities of the development of the child within you now, it's actually growing faster than normal. Strange enough, that unborn child could be the manifestation of yours and Dazai's gift together with your strong bond with each other. "
Mori explained making more Chuuya aghast, he was beyond confused from the turn of events he can't reply a word.

I and Dazai... ? but...
Chuuya thought inwardly adding more distressing emotions.
Unconsciously, Chuuya's tears flooded, he was embraced immediately by Kouyou as together they both shed tears.

" Hushh Chuuya... husshh I'm here o-okay...?"
Kouyou comforted but Chuuya's heart weighted more.While Mori felt a surging throbbing feeling looking at his subordinates in sorrow until he felt his hand being clenched by a soft hand,

" Rintarou..."
Mori turned and look down at the seemingly as well in pain expression of Elise.

" I .... n-need ...Dazai.. "
In between candid tears, Chuuya muffled but he knew well Dazai isn't coming back anymore...
Isn't coming back for him...

" Chuuya-kun, look at the brighter side, the love you lost will always return to you at the right time--- you are 'gifted' for the second time. "
Mori in downcast expressed as he blossomed a hopeful smile.

------------------

Entry 2 End.