The First Moment

It was about 6 am on a chilly Friday morning. Everyone in ASB was at school setting up for the big mid winter assembly. It was a moist night before, so the railings on the bleachers were soaked causing the posters to not stick. Everyone was instructed to wipe them down and hope for the best but before Keith could get started he realized he had left his towel in the ASB room. He paced over to Mrs. Berney and asked if he could go back to the ASB room to retrieve it. She said yes and he hurriedly walked over to the room. When he opened the door he was surprised to see a familiar face. It was Caden. He felt his heart flutter a bit and followed it with a smile.

"Hey what are you doing in here?" Caden asked.
"I came to grab my towel for the railings. What are you doing in here?" Keith responded.
"I'm getting the $5 I owe Kareli since she won't stop asking for it." He said.
It was a few seconds of silence when Keith nervously asked, "Do you like Kareli?"
"What? No! She's just a friend." Caden spat out.

A wave of relief came over Keith but just because he didn't like her, he could like someone else.

"Okay well do you like...anyone?" He said with a bit of a sweat, scared for his answer.
"What's with all the questions dude?" Caden said confused.
"I don't know. Beats working so early in the morning." He said, hoping he won't call his bluff.
Caden's hands began to shake, "Yeah. There is this one...person."

Keith felt a pain in his chest and his smile began to fade.

"Oh. What are they like?" He asked with the last bit of hope he had.
"They're tall and- really funny. And... I don't know. It's dumb." Caden said, not making eye contact.
"No, No. I don't think it's dumb." Keith said with a slight fake smile.
Caden looked up and began to walk closer. "You don't?"
Keith felt his cheeks get hot, "No. Why would I?"

Caden stood in front of him. Where was this sudden boldness coming from? He didn't know but he was okay with it. His eyes made there way down to Keith's lips and Caden began to slightly lick his own. The tension was unbearable and Keith began to lean in, Caden slowly did as well. Before their lips could touch, a text notification went off and distracted them. Caden pulled out his phone and said, "Kareli says people are wondering where we are. We should probably head back." He looked disappointed.

"Yeah you're right" Keith said with a slight chuckle as he picked up his towel. "I'll see you out there!"

He processed to walk out the door and walk back, flabbergasted at what just happened. His mind started to spiral with thoughts, 'What would have happened if he didn't get that text?' 'Was the so called "person" he liked me?' Keith didn't know what to think but he did know they couldn't just ignore what had happened. He knew sooner or later they were going to have to talk about it. And he didn't think he could handle that.

"It's going to be a long day." Keith sighed.

K + C ❤️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara