𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"No, she's not!" Tom cried, toleration of the situation wearing thin.

"Would you calm down?" Maddie shouted.

"Calm down? I will not calm down!" Rachel continued, her sister's deep brown eyes rolling at her immature behaviour.

"Yes, calm down. Stop talking." Tom continued to plead.

"Mom we really need you-" (Y/n) attempted once more, her golden retriever companion slithering behind her mother to greet herself and Tom.

"No, Ozzy, please. I know, good to see you, too. No, no! Ozzy, stop!" She pleaded, Ozzy panting at her knees before tugging at the blanket draped over Sonic.

That's when Rachel noticed, words to continue her argument with Maddie crumbling in her throat.

"Oh, Little Lord Baby Jesus! What is that, Tom? Is it plutonium? Is it emails?" She shrieked, pointing aggressively to Sonic in a way that caused her niece's heart to miss a beat.

"Yes, it's plutonium. Maddie, can we just please- can we just go into the other room and talk- Stop it, Ozzy! Quit it!" Tom replied, becoming distracted by Ozzy's teeth continuing the tug the blanket as (Y/n) felt like she was losing energy with Sonic in her arms.

"This is why I told you he was no good." Rachel shifted the angered finger to Maddie, the argument becoming white noise echoing throughout the house.

"Ozzy, no! Ozzy! No, no!" (Y/n) continued, pulling Sonic back while Ozzy's hold became stronger by the second with a growl.

Her beloved golden retriever, now purely interested in what was underneath the blanket, wrestled with the material. (Y/n) held a gasp with another few heartbeats pausing the moment it flung from its place.

Sonic became a victim to the open air, the silky covering slipping away to reveal the unconscious blue hedgehog. Pounding yelling came to a stop, silence deafening the five humans as eyes widened.

"Oh, catch me, Jojo." Rachel sighed, collapsing to the ground moments afterwards as her daughter smiled without a thought towards her mother's condition.

(Y/n) felt her chest tightening, breaths struggling to escape and return to their regular rhythm. The sensation of Sonic's quills stabbing her fingers became still as she froze, her interested cousin and baffled mother being the only things her blurred vision could make out.

"Oh, thank God!" Tom sighed in relief as the fuel of the booming voice remained a mess to the ground.

He noticed his wife and niece examining the creature in (Y/n)'s arms in both awe and shock, another fake chuckle being the only thing he could press out of his strained chest.

"Can I get a glass of water?"

🌉

(Y/n) felt tears stinging the corners of her (e/c) eyes, wanting this vision that made her stomach shrivel into knots to just leave her alone. Sonic remained motionless, now placed atop the kitchen counter with Tom at her side and Jojo waiting patiently by the other.

"He's gonna be okay, Jojo." Tom reassured his niece, noticing her hazelnut gaze glistening with concern.

(Y/n)'s fingers remained embedded within Sonic's quills, the touch of the cerulean fur hidden underneath them soothing her with every stroke. She patiently awaited her mother's return, hopefully with whatever medical supplies they would need to bring Sonic's unforgettable amount of energy back into their lives.

It had felt like he had been in this state for hours, even days. She'd lost track of time through concern that continued to kick her stomach around and make her feel sick to it.