𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

❝ 𝓂𝒶𝓎𝒷𝑒 𝒾 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 ❞

🏨

Warmth of comfort and luxury spilled from the motel nearby to the bar that had caused the chaos of the previous hour. Tom's silver truck was parked up outside, golden luminance from the light pouring from indoors and lampposts outside making the paint sparkle.

"The floors were sticky. The crowd was rough. And the odds were against us. But there was no stopping Donut Lord, (Y/n), and the Blue Blur." Sonic announced, bouncing up and down with his battered shoes against the silky duvet of the hotel's cozy bed.

(Y/n) smiled warmly at his adorable actions, perched on the edge of the opposite bed as her father filled a towel with cubes of ice and Sonic imitated the punches of the chaotic fight.

"Scratch another one off my list." Sonic zipped to the bed his human companion nestled within the blankets of, settling beside her with his bucket list still in his grip.

The pencil he snatched from the bar scribbled through the 'start a bar fight' contestant on the crumpled lined paper.

"You are a weird little dude." Tom sighed with a smile, sitting on the opposite bed as he handed his furry blue companion cool ice enveloped in a silky towel.

Sonic took the kindly gesture into his own hands, staring into the cold cubes that had collected in his grip.

He noticed the Donut Lord holding it to the bruise that caused a shade of purple to ripple through the skin of his cheek. Tom groaned as the icy sensation touched the injury, soothing the pain.

Sonic did the same, the freezing feeling tickling his fluffy cheek.

Tom continued to grumble, Sonic repeating his actions with more of a pleasurable murmur.

"Okay." Tom prevented any more as he no longer tended to his bruises, his daughter giggling beside his cheeky blue companion.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" Sonic smiled, adrenaline and excitement pounding through his overjoyed veins.

Tom's frustrated and exhausted frown became a fake smile as he slid his shoes from his feet. "I'm gonna pass out watching TV. I think you should, too."

"But this is my last night on Earth. I wanna soak up every last second." Sonic argued pleadingly.

Tom sighed once more, the hedgehog's emerald orbs sparkling with excitement pulling him away from refusing. "Alright, well... anything you can find to do in this room, you knock yourself out."

Sonic's green gaze looked around the room, a million opportunities standing out in the simple items that lied around the room. He smiled, speeding into action.

(Y/n) held a hand over her open mouth as everything around her became a blur. Sonic darted from one corner of the room to the next in mere milliseconds, doing pretty much everything he could to amuse himself: a self-pillow fight, ripping out tissues from an innocent box, teetering over a light, opening and closing a drawer while squashed inside, channel surfing, and flushing the toilet an unnecessary amount of times one after the other.

Within moments, Sonic returned to his seat beside (Y/n), the duvet of the bed still warm from when he previously perched there. He had finished his chaotic entrainment montage with the quickest shower on record, (Y/n) assumed.

Sonic wore two creamy white towels he had snatched from the bathroom, one around his torso and the other holding up his dampened quills. Slippers gently balanced on the toes of his socked feet as he waved them up and down slowly, smirking.