Episode 1: "Wanting to Know"

He came in quiet, somewhat nervous - troubled. He wasn't sure if he'd get the answers he so sought, but he desired knowing and the comfort that would potentially bring.

"H- hello?" His voice shook with nerves.

When I came to greet him I was...startled because instantly I got this unnerving... understanding. His presence - the air around him was - almost omniscient or godly.

Words like "transcend," "beyond," "spiritual," "evolved," "future," entered me then as it concerned him.

I smiled, giving a slight bow, "Welcome." 

I tried best to be warm and gentle in my expression. 

He calmed.

"Can you tell the future?"

I was somehow taken aback by his question. He felt like someone who'd know more than myself. I thought carefully of my words before I replied.

"I can feel the direction of your path."

He then nodded in approval and proceeded to sit down at the single table in the room. He didn't look at me from this point directly. He kept his gaze down at his hands which sat almost as confidently and unmoving as himself. He then waited for my next move.

I took a moment absorbing this.

Truly a once in a lifetime - no, a rarer event than even that phrase could comprehend.

I slid quietly into the opposing chair, still staring at this curious boy in front of me.

"I need your hand."

He gently raised it, extending to the middle of the small, round table. I took it then and lightly squeezed.

I saw... images. They were fragments, broken, blurred. I don't really "see the future" though I am a fortune teller. I feel the air.

Emotion can soak air. Emotion can also become audible - loud and damaging, for example.

With this young boy - and by young I mean, by the looks, 17 years of age maybe - I felt...

"pain. battle. tears. scream. heart is breaking... it was love - deep and without warning."

I mumbled this to myself. My lips mouthed it - no sound escaped - though, he heard it. I felt it.

He pulled his hand away, somewhat roughly. He was short of breath, short of crying... As he left my little shop.