Chapter 9 - FANS AND HATERS

Start from the beginning

A few months had passed and Abby had a strong fan base with it’s own name. Her fans were called Stuarties. Not the most original name, but her fans created it, so Abby loved it.

Even with her recent jump into the limelight, Abby still remained grounded and humble. But, one thing the public were good at was tearing people down when they’re on top. 

It seemed the public got word of a new ring Abby started to wear around her neck. It was her mother’s ring that she had given to Abby. It was a bit big for Abby’s fingers, so she wore it on a chain around her neck. 

Rumours spread like wild fire that it was a promise ring from Harry and that the two were secretly engaged. 

After that, Abby got multiple death threats, horrible tweets, Facebook messages and e-mails. All hoping she would die and leave Harry alone. She started to delete all her accounts, but not before seeing some of the latest trending topics on Twitter. Abby’s Stuarties tried to defend her, but Directioners outweighed Stuarties by millions. 

##LeaveHarryAlone

#AbbyDoesNOTDeserveHarry

#StayAwayFromOURHarry

People were just livid. Abby had nowhere to go. Each time she stepped out she was harassed by paparazzi that she just couldn’t escape.

Harry had nothing to say. He felt horrible for Abby, he was absolutely gutted, but he couldn’t really do anything, could he?

Then, there came a day or two that would haunt Harry for eternity and of course he remembered it like it was yesterday…

He came home to Abby crying on the couch of his flat. Her eyes were puffy and her cheeks tear stained. He rushed over to try and comfort her. But this time she seemed different.

“Ugh! It’s not fair! Why are they so mean!” exclaimed Abby as fresh tears glistened her cheeks.

“I don’t know flower,” said Harry sympathetically. He sat down beside her and Abby turned the other way.

“Not now Harry,” she said sternly. She sounded serious.

“What’s wrong?” Harry asked concerned. 

“EVERYTHING!” shouted Abby. Her tears lessened, as she got more frustrated.

“Abby calm down,” Harry tried to remain composed.

“NO! I’M TIRED OF PEOPLE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO! I’M TIRED OF SHARING YOU WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD! THEY SAY THEY WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY, BUT THEN I GET ALL THE HATE! IT’S NOT FAIR!”

“I understand Abby but—”

“NO, YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND!” Abby wasn’t screaming, but shouting loudly at Harry. She was having a horrible day.

“Okay, so what do you mean you’re tired of sharing me?” Harry was getting a little heated.

“I DON’T WANT TO SHARE YOU! I’M SORRY I LOVE YOU! I’M SORRY I JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY AND HAVE A NORMAL RELATIONSHIP. I’M SORRY IF THAT’S A CRIME TO SOME PEOPLE!” She shouted.

“IT’S NOT A CRIME, BUT WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? QUIT THE BAND? IGNORE MY FANS WHEN THEY COME UP TO ME?” Harry was angry now, as he raised his voice.

“THAT WOULD BE NICE!”

“Abby, you don’t mean that, you know I can’t do that,” he pleaded. “I know it’s hard Abby, but—” Harry tried to reason with her. He wrapped his arms around her. She wiggled free and stood up from the couch.

“NO! YOU DON’T KNOW! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I GO THROUGH FOR YOU!”

“GO THROUGH FOR ME?” Harry stood up now as well. “SO WHAT NOW? THAT’S IT? YOU WANT TO BREAK UP WITH ME?”