Chapter I - You're My Son Now

Start from the beginning

"Sorry what?!" (Y/n) couldn't believe her ears.

"You're in your late 20's, (L/n)." Naoto reasons with her. "We can't risk having you harmed if we have yet to relay sufficient information on Takemichi Hanagaki and Kuroyuri. To make this work, you have to disguise yourself as a regular citizen, like how Hanagaki is." He emphasizes his point by saying. "People would get the wrong idea if they knew you were unmarried and didn't have a child. They'd probably know, on the spot, that you were spy or a cop. Police activity has been frequent these days."

"Not to mention that Kuroyuri is extremely cautious to those that dare to mention about them; at this point, they've conquered nearly all of the information on Tokyo's population. Info that consists of addresses, personal connections, occupations, etc." Naoto goes on. "They keep their doings selective a majority of the time, and refuse to let anyone acknowledge their illegal doings half of the time. Hence the reason why they work underground."

"If we don't make progress now, Kuroyuri might permanently damage Tokyo. And maybe even the rest of Japan. It's only a matter of months. Most likely, less than a year."

"So what, you expect me to marry some random guy and produce a child in less than a year?!" (Y/n) portrays a distressed look. "That's insane!" She hits a fist repetitively on the table. "Don't you know how pregnancy works, you damn idiot? More importantly, who the hell in their right mind would even WANT to conceive during a limited amount of time--!"

"I'm not implying that you have to get pregnant, (L/n)." Naoto interrupts her. "Rather, I suggest you look into adopting a child. No older than six at most."

"Adoption?" (Y/n) squints her eyes. "No way." She disapproves of the idea on the spot. "That'd just be dragging in an innocent child into the battlefield. Who's to say your plan might actually work, considering the target at hand? You said so yourself that Kuroyuri aren't to be underestimated, so is it really a good idea to bring in a kid and some random guy into the picture?"

"It's the safest option we have. Probably even the only option we have." Naoto persists. "We can't afford to cause any suspicions, or a panic among the city." (Y/n) didn't look convinced. "(L/n), there are so many lives at stake. Please. Half of my colleagues have failed and died, and I fear that my older sister might be one of Kuoryuri's victims in the near future."

"Hinata?" (Y/n) remembers the older Tachibana sibling on the spot. "How come?"

Naoto points to a picture of a man (Y/n) assumes is a member of Kuroyuri. The man's appearance consists of tanned skin, blonde hair combed to the side, and a pair of glasses that matches his eccentric business outfit and demeanor. "Kuroyuri's acting commander, Kisaki Tetta. He's Takemichi Hanagaki's right hand man, and is rumored to be far much worse than Hanagaki. Most likely, he's the one responsible for most of the killings and illegal doings that Kuroyuri's done, since he's the acting commander."

(Y/n) can already tell at first glance that Kisaki was certainly a bastard at heart. "Sounds legit." She portrays a skeptical look as leans against her chair, after putting down her unfinished drink. "Then, wouldn't Kisaki be a much bigger threat than Hanagaki?"

"Hanagaki was the one to hire Kisaki. He's just as responsible for how Kuroyuri is today." Naoto protests. "It can't be one or the other. We have to take down Kisaki along the way, probably even before we can put down Hanagaki."

"Acting commander..." (Y/n) holds her chin, her eyes invested on the picture of Kisaki. "So he's the public image of Kuroyrui? In terms of handling business publicly, for the sake of hiding Hanagaki's identity?"

"Correct." Naoto confirms.

(Y/n) wonders. 'Just who the hell is this Takemichi Hanagaki...?' She clicks her tongue and closes the file. "Okay, I'm all in." She locks eyes with Naoto. "I'll play the part of a mom, for the sake of Japan's future. Including yours and Hinata's." Although she says something so motivating, she wears a stoic look.