Chapter 17

Bey

Yoga music is coming from Megan's room.

Anyone else would blast rock or heavy metal or even estrogen-soaked Adele.

But when Megan gets mad, she cranks up some New Age shit and twists herself into a position that would leave me writhing in pain.

I'm standing in front of her door, trying to decide what to say to her.

I knock, loudly. The music volume goes up.

I open the door and walk in. Hell, Megan didn't even bother knocking earlier when she barged in on me and Nicki.

Megan's got her hands and feet flat on a flowery area rug. Her ass is up in the air, and my eyes automatically slide over it.

Yeah, I'm a douche.

Megan glares up at me through her arms. "Stop looking at my ass, Bey. You gave that up, remember?"

I try to stifle my irritated sigh. I'm pissed at Megan right now, but I'm still hoping to have a calm, reasonable conversation with her.

I want her to stop the bullshit game she's been playing with Nicki ever since she moved in.

Nicki hasn't said much to me about it. But you'd have to be blind and deaf not to notice how downright rude Megan's been to her all week.

And I'm pretty sure it's because of me.

"Sorry to interrupt your downtown dog or whatever that is," I say, gesturing at her inverted figure. I try to keep my tone light. "I need to talk to you."

Megan's knees drop to the floor, and she sits up, rolling her eyes in disgust. "It's downward dog, you idiot."

She runs her fingers through her long, black hair and gives me a cool stare.

"What the hell do you want?" she asks. "You better not be here to lecture me about cock blocking you and Lois Lane."

It takes me a moment to get her sarcastic reference.

"So, I guess that makes me Superman?" I quip, hoping a little humor will sweeten her up.

As if.

"That damn dog woke up the whole house," she says, coming to her feet and punching her phone to shut off the music. "Maybe next time, put him outside before you go at it with your latest conquest."

I cock my head and give her my best not-buying-it side eye.

"Let's not pretend this is about Munchie barking," I scowl. "You knew Nicki was in there, didn't you? You were trying to embarrass her. You've been a bitch to her all week."

Megan rolls her eyes again, then steps toward the room's tiny closet.

"Don't flatter yourself, Bey," she drawls over her shoulder as she pulls off her T-shirt and tosses it into the hamper. "All I was trying to do was get some sleep."

I scoff, noticing she doesn't deny knowing Nicki spent the night in my room.

"Getting to see you slobbering all over Little Miss Perfect's tits was just an added bonus for me," she adds as she slides off her tight shorts.

When we first got together, Megan didn't strike me as the crazy jealous type. I thought our relationship was as casual for her as it was for me. But something about Nicki has really set her off.

Maybe she can tell my feelings for Nicki are different, even after only knowing her a short time.

But that's still no excuse.