New school, new everything

Start from the beginning

What a great start to the day.

*°•○●○•°*

In such an overwhelming and noisy environment, Licorice struggled to navigate the area. He had walked in circles around the school halls, still confused to where his class was. He felt quite frustrated, afraid that he'd be late to class and make a bad impression.

Luckily for him, someone tapped on his shoulder and he turned around to see a girl with red hair and long lashes. "Pardon me, I cannot help but ask, are you new here?" Her voice was smooth like silk. It made Licorice's heart thump a bit but he ignored it. "U-Um yeah...why?" He said nervously. The new cookie then brought their hand up to their mouth and snickered.

"I thought so. It was quite funny, watching you walk around in circles like that."

Licorice opened his mouth to insult her stupid face but he didn't have the courage to. Instead he just looked away awkwardly. "Well do you know where my class is?" He asked, voice laced with spite.

He handed the red-haired cookie a map and she gracefully took it. It wasn't even a second until she burst out cackling.

"What? What's so funny?" Licorice grew agitated. She pointed to some words on the map. "This is a map for the second floor where your class is situated. You are currently on the first floor."

Licorice blinked. The relaization hit him, along with the embarrassment and self-hatred. Gahhhh! Stupid stupid Licorice!

He looked back up to the other cookie, who hid her amused smile behind her sleeve. Okay, Licorice...just play it cool.
"Haha, I knew that," he said, taking the map away from her. "I just didn't know where the stairs were. Y-Yes! That as it."

The red cookie looked unconvinced, but they nodded anyways. "I see. Would you like me to take you to the stairs then?"
"N-No! I mean-it's fine! I'm fine!"
Licorice swiftly turned away from the cookie. "S-See you!"

The other cookie mumbled a goodbye while Licorice dashed off in the other direction. What an embarrassing encounter! He was sure gonna think of this moment at 3am while trying to fall asleep.

Licorice finally got to his class and sat down at the back of the class, right in the corner. There were only a couple of other students sitting in the class, and they all looked as nervous as he did.

Alright. Absolutely nothing to worry about. Licorice thought, taking out his notebook and scribbling something in it. His goal to survive high school was easy. Don't draw too much attention to yourself, but make enough friends to not get picked on. Simple. It was simple. No need to worry or anything. Everything will be just alright-

"Good morning class." A tired, monotone voice sounded from the room. A cookie wearing a blue dress walked in. She looked quite peculiar, as her hair seemed to literally be made out of water. She placed a stack of paper on the lectern. "Good morning class. I'm Miss Sea Fairy." She said calmly. Her voice was very smooth, and her sentences seemed to just flow out of her like a river. Licorice wondered how anyone was able to talk without stuttering or having an awkward voice crack.

She nearly wrote her name on the board in cursive and turned back to face the class. "I will be your homeroom teacher for the year. I currently teach Physics. I hope we can all have a blessed year together. Any questions?"

It seems a deadly silence had taken over the room. Nobody seemed brave enough to talk. Sighing heavily, Miss Sea Fairy looked at the class in disappointment. "No? Well then I'll give you a few minutes to just chat with each other. Catch up with old friends or meet new people. It's all up to you. Just don't make too much noise." And like that she was off to her desk. The class had exploded into chatter. Licorice looked around nervously. There seemed to be no one that wasn't in a conversation - except him. He started sweating nervously.