part 3

10:50am

finally, maths was over. i think that was the longest hour i've ever had to sit through..
at least it was break. i slung my bag onto my shoulder and put my hair behind my ears.
i wandered through the corridors, peeking into every classroom and greeting every teacher i saw.

- ding! -

my phone! just as i was entering the bathroom stall, i got a notification.

- one new follower: nick_nzzzz -

i followed him back almost immediately.
"why did i follow him back so fast?" i thought to myself. i sat thinking for a few seconds.
"i just think he's nice, that's all!" i convinced myself.

- one new message from nick_nzzzz -

i entered my passcode and read the message he sent.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"hey! it's nick, from earlier. do you wanna hangout for a bit until the bell goes? i'm by the field."

"sure! i'll be right there. :)"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i rushed out of the stall, getting as close as i could to running without being told off by any teachers.

- speaking of teachers, i should probably put my phone away. -

i placed my phone in my blazer pocket. i was now out on the field. i took one look around, and there i saw him waving and calling my name.
"y/n!! Y/N!! over here!" he shouted.
but he was with a girl.. a girl who didn't look like it was going to be easy to get along with.
still, better not judge a book by it's cover.
i walked to them and quickly introduced myself to the girl.
"hello! i'm y/n.. if you couldn't tell, haha.."
i said, awkwardly.
"oh, um. yeah, i gathered that! i'm imogen."
...

nick broke the silence,
"well, i'm glad you two met! haha.. um.. oh dear. here comes harry.."
"who's-" i started to say, but was interrupted by a very loud,
"alright, mate! who's this? is this your new missus, nick?!"
harry then proceeded to put his arm round nick, messing up his hair with his knuckles.

- 'his new missus' ? i have a name.. although.. i kind of liked hearing that..
jesus, i fall for people so easily.
anyways.. -

"no harry, we aren't dating. i met her this morning." nick told him, he looked fed up.

"yeah.. and harry, you know me and nick are like basically.." imogen started.

"best friends! just best friends." nick finished her sentence.

- what was imogen saying? are they dating? shit, did i fall for a taken man?? i'm not that kind of person.. plus elle said that he's one of the 'rugby boys' .. i need to get over him. get over him? it's just a tiny crush. i just need to distract myself and it'll be gone.. i hope -

"um.. right, i'm going to go meet some people.. see you guys." i said. i turned around and walked away, looking to find elle and the others.
"i think you pissed her off, imogen" harry laughed and walked away from them too, towards the astro turf.

"you need to stop telling people we're together. it's not cool, okay? i'm going to go follow harry onto the astro." nick sternly told imogen.

"ugh- what- but i- .." it was too late, imogen was by herself. "i just wanted to make sure she wouldn't get an interest in nick straight away and now he's annoyed at me. ugh. i'll find a way to keep them away from eachother.."