part 2

8:15am
as i pass the bus stop, i see a familiar looking face sitting on a bench nearby. that must be elle!

"hey!!" i called out.

"omg hey, you're y/n right?" she asked me, taking out her airpods.

"haha yeah that's me!" i answered.

"you're so much prettier in person.. should we get going?"

i nodded, and she got up from the bench and linked my arm with hers.

we began to walk, and as we did, elle began talking about the people in her friend group. i noticed that she had gone on and on about tao, while she had described the others in minimal detail. i have a feeling she might have a small crush on him! :)

8:25am
i had arrived at truham, and was introduced to elle's friends.
isaac - didn't say much, but he was very sweet and welcoming!
tao - seemed to judge me slightly at first, but once he saw how well i was getting on with elle, his face eased into a smile and he began asking me about myself.
there was charlie too, who i had yet to meet. tao said that he was with his boyfriend, ben, who tao didn't like very much. i had a feeling that nobody in their friend group really liked him.

as the conversation kept going, i looked around and tapped elle on the shoulder, then i whispered to her;

"i'm going to go explore a bit, but i'll be at the gates before the bell rings and then we can quickly cross the road to higgs."

she nodded and i began to walk around, looking at everyone's little circles of friends.

as i was walking, i pulled out my phone to text elle that i was about to leave truham. but as i began to type, i bumped into someone.
somehow, i was the one that ended up on the floor. i rubbed my head and opened my eyes.
"oh my god, are you alright?? sorry, i don't think i was looking where i was going.."
he said apologetically, and he held out his hand to help me up.
"i'm fine, but please don't apologise haha i was on my phone and it was my fault."
i let him take my hand and pull me up, and for a few seconds we locked eyes.
i quickly looked away.
"my name is y/n, what's yours?" i asked him.
"i'm nick nelson. it's nice to meet you, y/n! .. you're that new girl at higgs, aren't you?"
"that's me! i was unaware so many people knew about me.."
"from what i've heard, higgs isn't that bad. you can always hang out with me at break and lunch if you'd like!"
"i-"
the bell rang. shoot, i have to go meet elle.
before i could tell him i already had friends i was planning on eating with, he said his goodbyes and quickly walked inside.

i rushed over the road to meet elle.
"quickly, otherwise we'll be late!!" she said.
"i know, i know, i'm sorry!! i got carried away talking to this boy.." i replied.
"boy? oooooh!! what's his name??" she teased.
"nick nelson!"
"nick nelson?? oh no no no, he's one of the 'rugby boys'. i'd stay far away from him."
"but he seemed so nice-"
"no but's!! let's get to form."
i sighed. nick nelson.. he doesn't seem THAT bad..