"Tell me what's wrong. Tell me how I can help."

Munchie sits up and whines again, then puts an anxious paw on Bey's shoulder. It's such a sweet gesture that I can't help breaking into a smile.

"See," I quip, echoing Bey's words from last night, "Munchie agrees with me."

Bey's lips lift in a tiny smile. Then she straightens and gently pulls my hands away from her face.

But she doesn't let go. Instead, she clings to my arms. I stare at her, wishing with all my heart I could wipe away the sadness in her eyes.

I guess that's why, a moment later, I kiss her.

She stiffens, and I half-expect her to twist her lips away from mine. But then she grabs my face and starts fervently kissing me back.

Her tongue slips into my mouth, and my tongue meets her as her hands slide over my shoulders and down my arms.

Suddenly, we are full-on making out.

So not what I intended.

Or was it? Right now, I don't even want to know the answer to that question. I just want to keep feeling the way I'm feeling.

Bey tugs me higher on the bed while simultaneously using her foot to shove Munchie—gently but firmly—out of the way.

I fall back on the pillow, gasping as she kisses me again.

I'm going to put a stop to this any second now. Any. Second.

Absolutely. I am just about to stop this.

Because it is not a good idea. Bey is clearly in a vulnerable emotional state, and I took advantage of that.

Didn't I?

Which is why I don't get why my hands are right now seizing Bey's shoulders and pressing her against me.

Or why I'm once again cradling her face and urgently pulling her mouth to mine.

We kiss hungrily. I'm greedy for her in a way I never felt with Safaree.

My whole body is burning, tingling; I can't think of anything except getting Bey even closer to me. Of getting Bey inside me.

Munchie, probably confused by the sudden change in circumstances, starts barking.

But we ignore him as Bey trails kisses down my neck and drags her lips along my collarbone and then down to the edge of my pajama top.

I'm bucking underneath her, her warm breath on my skin making me gasp.

"Bey," I moan. "Bey."

It feels like I was going to say something else, but if so, I've forgotten what it was.

It also feels like my eardrums are going to burst from the agitated German Shepherd barking right next to me.

Bey pauses a moment to glare at the dog. "Munchie," she growls, "be quiet! Stop barking!"

Munchie gives a couple of rebellious yips, but then he falls silent.

"Bey. Wait. . ."

I've remembered what I was thinking before the feel of her mouth short-circuited my brain: This is not right.

This has to stop.

I squeeze my eyes shut, promising myself I am just about to tell her exactly that. In just one more moment.

Then I realize I can't feel the weight of Bey's body anymore.

"Nicki?" I open my eyes to see Bey propping himself above me.

My glance lingers on the corded muscles of her arms, and my mouth falls open at the vision in my head of those arms wrapping me tightly in their embrace.

"Nicki, do you want me to stop?"

I drag my gaze back to her face.

"Do you want me to stop?" she asks again, softly.

Yes. Yes, absolutely. We must stop. That's what I think I'm going to say.

"No."

I spit out the word as I grab the bottom of my pajama top and yank it over my head.

"No," I repeat, urgently. "I do not want you to stop."

Bey takes a deep breath, and her eyes rake my body. "God, Nicki," she moans. "You are so fucking beautiful."

I pull his hands toward my aching breasts. We both gasp as her fingers touch me.

Munchie starts barking again, but again, we ignore him.

And then we hear the bedroom door being shoved open just before it hits the wall with a thud.

We twist around in time to see Megan barge into the room. She comes to an abrupt stop at the sight of us.

Her eyes widen, and a swift rush of emotions—shock, fury, pain, hatred—crosses her face.

She puts her hands on her hips and snaps, "What the ever-loving fuck is going on in here?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think of Megan?

Thanks for reading!

Vote & Comment