22. Playing with Fire

No

No.

No.

Please no.

Not again.

I groaned as the mirror revealed that I was once again wearing that stupid flimsy white nightgown thingy. Maybe wearing Jonah's t-shirt was a bad idea. Maybe that's what is sending me into these dreams. But then what about the first one?

I tried to listen for any sounds but it was utterly silent. I looked around me and tried to figure out how the hell I ended up in front of the mirror randomly.

Seeing that no one was screaming, I looked around the room. The room was much more personal than the one I was in yesterday. It had light blue walls and dark grey furniture. Spiderman posters covered pretty much every wall. My eyes landed on the study table next to the bed. The small Spidy shrine made me giggle and I moved closer to inspect it.

That's when I saw the picture frame.

I carefully picked it up. It held a picture of two young brunette boys and a red haired woman who all shared the same hazel eyes that I was extremely familiar with. There was no doubt in mind that those boys were a younger version of the Tanner brothers. The woman in the picture was probably their mother. It would make sense. From what Jake told me about his mother, she had the brightest shade of auburn hair that they had even seen.

Was I somehow transported to one of their childhood bedrooms? Maybe they shared the room. The bed was certainly big enough for the young child and his slightly older brother who barely looked like an adolescent.

Being in this room made no sense. Why would my mind conjure something like that up?

Shaking my head, I reached forward and tried to place the picture frame back in it's original position but tripped on something invisible.

And fell.

The pull downwards and the sudden warmth in my face and loud sounds of wind made me feel like I was free falling into a bottomless pit of darkness. I screamed until my throat was raw and when I couldn't scream anymore, I closed my eyes and mentally prepared for the bone shattering pain.

Thud.

I had somehow not broken any bones despite landing face down onto solid ground. A disgusting smell made my eyes water.

"Get up." A familiar voice barked.

No. No. No. Fuck no. God, no!