12. The greatest idea ever

"So you think my brother did it? I know you hate him but blaming him for something this drastic?!" Jake stood up from the couch

"He didn't say it was Tanner specifically. Maybe he is talking about Colton?" Kara suggested. She looked on edge and ready to attack.

Jake snorted. "Hell would freeze over before anyone blames precious Miss Hayley Colton. Maybe with an exception of the three of us." He pointed to Kenna, me and himself.

"I blame her for a lot of things too. But this particular thing seems to be more of your brother's cup of tea." Bennett chimed in. Like Jonah and Simon, he too was sitting on one of the chairs near the coffee table. Kenna and I were seated on the couch on either side of Jake.

"Who the hell are you?" Jake asked rudely.

"That's Bennett." I answered putting my hand on his shoulder and squeezing it lightly hoping he'd understand.

He seemed to calm down a bit. Then he turned to me, "You don't believe this, do you? You don't believe my brother could do something like this, right?" His eyes pleaded with me.

"That's definitely something Ian can do." Kenna replied for me.

"Are you serious right now, Kenna? You're siding with them? I understand that my brother isn't the best boyfriend out there but he isn't a fucking criminal." Jake raised his voice at Kenna. She glared at him.

"Jake." I warned lowly. There's a lot of things I would tolerate but disrespecting Kenna isn't one of them.

Jake's head whipped in my direction, "Riley, tell me you don't believe them."

"I don't." I lied.

"You do." Jonah said with conviction. Like he knew that I knew.

I glared at him and Jake quickly jumped to my defence. "How dare you tell her what she believes and what she doesn't?"

"Look can we get to the point? Why are you telling us all this?" I asked trying to deescalate the situation.

"No, I can't move past it, Riley. This man has the audacity to call my brother a criminal and then attempt to sway your idea of him." Jake insisted.

Fortunately, Simon intervened. "We have a proposal for you and Miss Sharma."

"Don't try to--" Jake started but I cut him off. I was intrigued. "What proposal?"

Jonah took over. "Since Hayley, Tanner and the James couple have refused to let us use their pictures, we need to reshoot all those pictures with new models. After the incident with Austin James, very few people are interested in working with us, especially when we have to get such a huge amount of work done in such a short time."

"And what does that have to do with Jake and Riley?" Kenna asked on our behalf.

"We need at least two people. We planned on shooting two couples. But I guess we can make do with one. You two have the least amount of risk." Simon explained.