Chapter 6

DaphneJoy: I feel a change coming

4,000,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

I took Milan to an audition earlier this morning which went surprisingly well considering that she recited the wrong monologue. Milan and I are confident that she will receive a call back but I had to drop her off at school straight after so we couldn't celebrate or really bask in the moment.

Nate facetimed me while we were at the audition so I allowed him to watch some of the performance before informing him that we needed to have a private chat. Having Nate back in my life after sixteen years is pretty nice but there are a lot of boundaries that need to be established since he did give up his parental rights.

This situation is very delicate but he's made it clear that he wants to be apart of her life and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. I don't want Milan to go all in only to be disappointed when he decides that he has had enough. Nate and I have not spoken in over sixteen years, we don't know eachother anymore so I'm weary of the situation.

"Yeah, yeah your store looks gorgeous as always." Marcia gives me a look after I have shown them the newest collection that we have in store. "I just want to know what it was like for you to see the baby daddy."

"Marcia." Danielle snaps at her.

"You were asking me about it when she was showing us the collection so don't act dumb." Marcia sticks her tongue out.

I roll my eyes, "Real mature."

"Then tell us what went down so we can calm our minds down." Marcia smiles at me and I sigh deeply before leading them upstairs to my office. "How does he look? Did Milan cry? Did you cry? Wer-"

"Marcia." I look at her wide eyed. "Let me process what the hell went down."

"I've given you four days to process it." Marcia throws herself on the seat. "You didn't even tell dad much so you know he is giddy for answers, he's probably writing a book on your lovestory as we speak."

"Oh my gosh." Danielle places her hand to her face before shaking her head. "You're so insensitive."

"Correction, I'm real."