EIGHT

six boys sat in the open room, the eldest two lethargic with stress. the first few moments were spent mostly in silence, few shared words as hanyu stared at his burner phone before he finally sighed. he ran a hand through his hair, looking towards his friends.

"xdinary heroes got themselves into shit with lee taeyong, they need help from us." hanyu started, mingrui choking on whatever he was eating at the news. zeyus eyes widened in shock as he let out some questioning noise. xinlong looked to the younger in confusion, he could imagine shuyang was doing the same. zeyu turned to him, likely to explain, before mingrui was speaking.

"why the hell are they messing with taeyong?!" mingrui sputtered, hanyu groaning and shrugging in response.

zeyu looked away from xinlong for a moment, "and why are they asking us? what about Got7?" xinlongs head was starting to spin from all the names being mentioned, none of which he could recognize at all.

"Got7 is barely a part of our branch anymore. they've pretty much fully disconnected themselves." zihao replied, zeyu rolling his eyes at the boys words.

"can i finish?" hanyu questioned through the flurry of question's, the other five in the room quieting down quickly to allow their leader to talk. "they made a deal with 127 and fucked some things up. they owe lee taeyong a lot. they've already gone through twice, stray kids and itzy. only thing is, they promised 127 modified weapons." hanyu guestured towards the second youngest in the room. "we're the only gang with someone as well versed in weapon crafting as mingrui."

mingrui cocked his head in surprise, before smiling brightly with pride, "well, duh. no ones as good with weapons as me." he said, a lighthearted chuckle being shared through the room at the boys faux arrogance.

"exactly. gun-il sent me some blueprints and requests for the weapons, look them over and let me know if you can do it, alright?" hanyu explained, mingrui nodding and making his way over to their leader, who xinlong assumed was pulling up said blueprints. the third oldest looked towards zeyu, poking the younger males shoulder. zeyu turned to him quickly, xinlong giving him a lost and confused look.

"whats wrong?" zeyu questioned, xinlong had to hold himself back from scoffing at the question.

"what the hell is everyone talking about? who's lee taeyong?" xinlong asked, zeyus eyes widening at the questioned. the younger sighed before fully turning to look at xinlong.

"its a lot. lee taeyong is the boss of another gang, NCT. NCT is fucking huge, they have 22 members, not including all of their goons they have running around." xinlongs looked at zeyu in surprise among hearing the sheer size of the gang. "our branch isnt on great terms with them right now. and xdinary is only making things worse." zeyu groaned along with his last words, wiping a tired hand over his face.

"branch?" xinlong questioned, reciving a nod from zeyu.

"kind of complicated. theres some gangs we're closely allied with, its called a branch. we're just a bit lower on the chain since we're younger." xinlongs head swam with the new found information. he'd never even considered how much went into this gang. he let out a sigh, holding his head in his hands. at such a point, he could only pray they were all safe, though he wondered if such a hope was even possible.

for the next week and a half the boys barely saw mingrui, apart from eating and the occasional time the boy left his small workshop to mingle with his gang-mates. said workshop was located in a room next to the range, another one built by hanyu and mingrui in the early stages of the grouping of the gang. the room had been soundproofed, though it didnt really matter considering how loud mingruis tools could be. but it didnt seem to bother anyone, especially with mingruis absence, it was good to at least be able to hear the boy was around.

in turn, shuyang spent more time with xinlong and zeyu than before. sure, he could go find the two eldest, but it wasnt much fun sitting in a chair and watching them discuss the recent issues with NCT. of course, xinlong never minded the young boys presence. but then again, he also quite enjoyed the time he'd been spending with zeyu. he was starting to miss laying cuddled up with the cute boy while they watched something on his laptop, or at least, without shuyang curled in the spot between them (though really he didnt mind at all, he was more than used to shuyang snuggling into him from their prior years of friendship).

even so, the situation slowly tensed, a deadline quickly approaching for the weapons to be finished as well as talks of meeting with the highly feared gang began. he could practically feel the stress piling onto the young gang, he couldnt imagine how the hell mingrui was feeling. still, the group attempted with everything inside them to keep their spirits high. after all, there was nothing else they could really do after being dragged into another gangs issues.

"how're the weapons coming gougou?" zihao had asked, mingrui popping out of the cramped workshop with what looked to be a small metal ball in his hand. the young oy stretched silently, before he smiled brightly at the second eldest, standing up tall with a proud look on his face.

"really well! their almost done, actually!" the boy informed, voice filled with pride as his five friends congratulated him on the progress. the boy held out the small object in his hand, showing it off to his friends, a red button on top now visible. "i also made this! its a bomb, or i think so at least." mingrui stared at the ball in his hand for a moment, not catching the slightly uneased look of his friends. "only problem is if you hit the button, you cant difuse it without taking it apart! kinda annoying-"

"maybe you should go put that back in your workshop." hanyu said, giving the boy a deadpan look as his eyes flicked from the explosive in mingruis hand, and back up to his eyes.

"i thought you'd want it!"

"i'd rather not possibly blow up our base, i appreciate the gesture though."

// i have a few more chapters planned but im losing inspiration for this book 🥲🥲 ill make sure i finish it though i hope you enjoyed ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️