FIVE

three days later, xinlong agreed to join their gang. surprisingly, to xinlong, the boys were ecstatic. it seemed they had just been waiting for carson to throw the offer to xinlong, and now that he finally did they could celebrate their newest member. they spent a couple hours discussing an alias and a role for xinlong in the gang. it was decided the boy would be in charge of controling and difusing physical altercations. a fighter, of sorts. along with that, they'd decided he'd play a similar role to zephyr as another confidant of carson. another deciding voice in the groups affairs. with xinlongs addition to the group, the boys were a group to be feared (as if they werent already).

as for a false name for xinlong, they hadnt gotten far enough in their conversation to discuss the matter before xinlong was rambling worriedly about his best friend. xinlong hadnt had contact with shuyang for however long he'd been there, lord knows the boy was worrying himself to death, if he hadnt already. even with the other boys attempts to calm him down, xinlong insisted he at least had a chance to talk to shuyang. he couldnt just leave him, after everything he and shuyang had gone through together, it wasnt fair to the younger. which left him in the situation he was currently in, past 3:30 in the morning and waiting for shuyang to meet him behind an old building after sending him an ominous text of 'come meet me. we'll talk.'. he stood behind the building, after having arrived with mark and and zephyr in tow (the boys refused to send him alone) for maybe 15 minutes before the sound of footsteps crunching against the gravel could be heard. he watched as a face timidly peeked around the corner, eyes widening as they fell onto xinlong. while the elder would have loved to keep some kind of composure, act all tough, watching shuyang run to him with open arms was enough to melt his heart like ice to fire. he pulled the shorter boy into his arms, holding the boy close to his chest as shuyang began babbling about something xinlong couldnt understand.

"oh my god shuyang, i missed you so much." he breathed, finding comfort in finally having the boy in his arms again. he pulled away, shuyang still talking quickly, panic coating every word that came out if his mouth. somewhere between the boys rambles, xinlong watched as tears dripped down his cheeks. if they were tears of relief or those of a panic attack, xinlong wasnt sure, though he only embraced the boy once again. finally, after minutes of going on and on, shuyang said something xinlong could understand through his tears.

"where the fuck were you?!" shuyang questioned, and xinlong could almost feel the anger in shuyangs voice. the boy looked nothing short of betrayed, very clearly distraught after xinlongs disappearence. xinlong stuttered, questioning silently what he was and wasnt allowed to reveal about what hes been up to for the past while. soon, xinlong could only give shuyang a defeated look, only shrugging. shuyang let out a scoff in disbelief, looking around himself. "thats it? you left for a fucking month xinlong! and all you said was you 'ran away'?! this is bullshit!" shuyang cursed, lightly shoving xinlongs chest. xinlong could only sigh, before he turned to look behind himself. mark and zephyr stuck close behind the boy, covered in the darkness of the night to hide themselves. he met zephyrs eyes, giving the boy a look pleading for help. zephyr only nodded, lightly tapping marks arm and motioning for them to approach the two boys. as the two walked closer, shuyang began backing up. he grabbed xinlongs arm, clearly preparing for the two of them to take off in a run, but xinlong didnt move. he pulled the younger closer, placing his arm over the boys shoulders.

"its okay, i know them. dont worry." he tried to comfort, though he could see how it was a lost effort. two masked men walk towards you and your friend late into the night, it'd be surprising to xinlong if shuyang wasnt at least a bit frightened. zephyr tilted his head at the boy, and though shuyang likely couldnt see it, xinlong noticed the way the tall boys eyes crinkled up slightly. he was smiling at shuyang. the action was small, but for some reason it comforted xinlong.