What we had part two ✌

Beginne am Anfang

Sel whipped his dirty hands on his clothes, then he turned to face Bree.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, surprising her. It seems like she forgot he was here, or was simply lost in thought. She shifted under his gaze, then Sel could see her trying to come up with a response, when she really sees how he looks.

Sel knows that, right now, he isn't exactly appealing to the human eye. He was aether-drunk, and he knew it was worse then before. He was standing on his own feet, but swaying gently. His eyes were blurry, and he needed to blink often so he could see properly.

"Well?" He asked again, this time more annoyed.

"Why are you angry?" She asked, and Sel couldn't help, but laugh.

"Learn that shit from your therapist?" He asked, even though he knew it was a foul move. He knew perfectly well he was being the world's biggest asshole, but, that wasn't exactly something new to anyone.

Bree saw red, "What did you just say to me?"

Sel smirked, "I saw your little outdoor therapy session with the campus doctor.'

"You spied on me?" She asked, angrily.

Sel rolled his eyes, he swore he could see the questions going through her head, "Of course I spied on you. The day after the oath I followed you from your dorm to the gardens, listened while you and she had a heart-to-heart conversation about your abilities." Then, he bent down and picked out a rock, and flunged it across the arena.

"How dare you—that was private!" She shouted.

Sel scoffed, then said something about a meeting with her uchel bestie, honestly, he wasn't even paying attention to his own words, let alone her's. All he wanted was for her to leave him be.

Then, he turned and started walking towards her. A part of Sel hoped she'll get sacred and run away, of course, that didn't happen.

Sel spoke in a small voice, not intended for anyone in particular to hear, "How could have I risked so much for a lost little girl who probably needs as much therapy as I do?" Then, he laughed, his eyes going unfocused again, "Well that's not possible." He said, then laughed, "No one needs as much therapy as I do."

"Is that why you're out here chucking trees over a cliff?" Bree snarls.

Sel's head snapped towards her, he'd honestly forgotten she was even there, "Why are you here again?" He asked.

She turned to leave, "I have no idea."

"I do." Sel said, and he's in front of her in a second, "Guilt."

"Get out of the way." Sel didn't move, instead he leaned against a tree, and looks at Bree under half-lidded eyes.

"I bet you heared I was out here throwing a fit and that I'd been 'monstrous angry Sel' all weekend." He said, anger rising in his throat, "I bet Nicholas told you we fought again and that Lord Davis put me in my place yesterday. And now you feel bad because you still haven't told Nicholas that you can generate aether, and you think if you had, maybe he'd realize my instincts were right, and I wouldn't be out here crushing trees and feeling sorry for myself." Then, he watched his words sink in.