~:*:~ Seventy ~:*:~

Start from the beginning

"I'm the one who asked you out on a date..." I remarked as we went down the stairs to find our screening room. "I should have done all the work and planning."

"You don't have to think like that, Nate... not with me. Our relationship doesn't have to follow any rules of etiquette, or whatever. It honestly doesn't matter who asked who out first because we both wanted the same thing in the end."

"But still, you didn't have to go to all this trouble with the car, the secluded restaurant, and now with this special showing..."

"I just knew that you had enough on your mind earlier with Jedson being in the hospital, so I wanted to plan something nice for you as a distraction. And of course, I wanted you to feel safe with me." He reached for my hand and held it tight despite the people around. "You and I dating doesn't have to be such a big deal. I wanted to prove that to you, little by little. Tonight was the first step."

I looked around the lobby at all the strangers surrounding us. They were all going about their business; running to the bathroom, queuing up to have their tickets ripped for entry, buying popcorn and snacks, wiping the spilled coke from their jackets, and chatting away with their friends and loved ones as they exited their screening room after the credits began to roll. No one was looking at us... no one gave a shit that Paxton and I were standing so close holding hands.

Satisfied that he'd made his point, he began to pull me towards the doors marked with our movie's poster. "Come on... it should be starting soon."

~*~*~*~

It was well past midnight by the time we got back to campus, so it was safe for Paxton to drop me off directly in front of Massey. He pulled up to the front courtyard and turned off the engine. We sat in silence, both nervous and giddy like young teens at the end of their first ever date.

When I think about it, it all seems sort of ridiculous since we shared a dorm and a room, so taking me home was just a result of driving himself home. We probably could have just parked his car in the lot and walked in together without raising suspicion; anyone still awake would just assume we hung out as we did dozens of times before. But Paxton insisted on dropping me off before parking the car. He wanted me to experience the full first date package.

He unbuckled his seat belt and moved to open his door. I quickly stopped him, saying that he didn't need to open the car door for me or walk me to the residence's main doors.

"Sorry, you're right... someone might see us. I'll just stay in the car." Paxton said with a waning smile as he pulled his hand back from the door. He placed his hands awkwardly on the steering wheel and began drumming his fingers against it.

I unbuckled my seat belt, but I still didn't want to get out of the car. I kept stealing sideways glances at Paxton, waiting for something more to happen.

"Well... I had a wonderful night. Thank you for letting me take you out, Nate." He said politely. "I hope we can do this again-"

"Paxton..." I interrupted him, amused and exasperated by his sudden stupidity.

"Yes, Nate?"

"The car windows are tinted..." I pointed out in a suggestive tone, hoping he'd finally make a move.

He smiled broadly, delighted to oblige my implied request. He placed his hand on the back of my neck and pulled me in for a slow and tender goodnight kiss. I placed my hand on his chest to feel his rapidly beating heart. I smiled against his lips as we continued to kiss for a few more seconds, and then we both pulled apart.

"Thank you for everything, Paxton. Enjoy the rest of your night."

I gave him one last peck on the lips before turning to open the car door. I forced myself to act all indifferent as I jumped out of the car, like a family member or one of my bros was just dropping me off. I couldn't let on that it was a date just in case someone was creeping on us from their windows above. I gave a lazy wave to my driver before the car sped away, and then I just casually walked into Massey and up to my room.

Twenty minutes later, Paxton opened our door to join me inside. As soon as it clicked shut, I jumped him! I wrapped my arms around him and placed my lips back where they belonged. We made out for who knows how long before we finally came up for air.

"So the date was that good, huh?" Paxton asked teasingly.

"I just wanted to make sure that you enjoyed the rest of your night." I replied, referencing my earlier sentiments before exiting the car.

I pushed him down on my bed and began to unbutton my shirt. With a sly grin and seductive tone, I asked him, "Top or bottom?"

He kicked off his shoes and unbuckled his belt before stating, "I'll be whatever you want me to be, baby."

Turns out I'm no good at taking things slow when it comes to Paxton.

Hello lovelies!!!

So things seem to be going well for Nate and Paxton... but how long will this honeymoon phase last?

Nate seems to be calming down a bit and getting used to the idea of dating a boy, but he still has moments of fear. Is it fair of him to ask Paxton to keep this relationship on the down low? Especially after everything he put Paxton through with the mystery girl stuff...

How long do you think Paxton can hold out? It's not like he wants to be Nate's secret lover forever...

Anyone have any cute first date stories?
I have two that are more embarrassing than cute, simply because they show how dense I am and that it was the same situation twice (just change the guy)!
Basically I went on these first dates without realizing they were dates 😵 I just thought I was hanging out with a friend. These poor dudes...
And both involved seeing a movie together! So I can't watch IRON MAN (the OG) or SHERLOCK HOLMES (Downey Jr and Law version, first movie) without thinking of these guys and how they thought I was on date with them LMAO I felt bad later when I realized it was a date and I probs seemed totally uninterested in them 😅

ANYWAYS... 😳

What are your favourite movies?
I don't think I have a favourite because I like A LOT of films, but I know I can always watch Anastasia or El Dorado or Lilo and Stitch any time. I love a good nostalgic cartoon from my childhood 😍

Thanks for the chat!
Please follow, vote and comment 💜