~:*:~ Seventy ~:*:~

Nate

Paxton didn't really have a class to race off to after we all got back from the hospital. And I wasn't really heading to the cafeteria to pick up dinner alone.

Basically we were trying to keep our new relationship on the down low until we both felt comfortable enough to make things public. I felt bad asking this of Paxton, knowing that it was only me who felt uncomfortable, but he was surprisingly understanding about the whole thing. He knew that this was my first time dating a male partner and that I would need more time to accept my new normal. So we just went about interacting as we always did around the others in the hospital; like close friends.

But now we were planning on escaping campus so we could get away from prying eyes. Paxton borrowed his friend's car and picked me up on the other side of campus where the overflow parking lots were typically deserted. I jumped in the car swiftly to be shielded by the tinted windows, still slightly paranoid that someone was watching.

It was strange how excited I was when I saw him casually sitting behind the wheel with a warm smile on his face. I could feel the goosebumps rising as I grinned back like a buffoon. I hadn't felt the effects of first date jitters in such a long time. I looked away from him in embarrassment, knowing that my cheeks were probably red. My knee was bouncing in place nervously as I clenched the fabric of my jeans. Paxton reached out to calmly place his hand atop mine. He squeezed it gently until I stopped fidgeting, and then I easily turned my hand over so I could lace my fingers through his.

"Are you ready?" He asked warmly.

"Definitely."

We drove off with our hands still entwined.

~*~*~*~

Dinner was a huge success.

We went to a small restaurant completely out of walking or busing distance from campus, so naturally no one who could recognize us was there. Paxton even went so far as to book us a table in a private corner so wandering eyes from random patrons wouldn't bother me all night. Basically we only saw and interacted with the waiter, and she was a friendly girl who didn't seem to judge us for our choice of partner.

Paxton and I spent well over two hours there. We ate a three course meal and enjoyed some heavenly wine; once again, the fake I.D. Chace had printed for me came in handy. We laughed and talked about all the things that hadn't been said between us yet. Though there were a few times where Paxton had to repeat a story or a fact about himself that he originally told me the night we first met. I apologized each time, but he simply waved it off and said that he was just happy that I remembered most of that night now, particularly his involvement.

After dinner, we walked a couple blocks down the street to an underground cinema. It only had a few small screens and typically played movies that are already out of main theatres and released on DVD or Blu-ray. At first I wondered why he chose this place, knowing that we could just go to the Cineplex in this area since it was not the same one that was closest to campus. But then I noticed that the little marquee above the box office said they were showing The Godfather Part ll.

"It's a movie that we can both enjoy." Paxton said as he moved to get us tickets.

"Shouldn't we watch the original first?" I inquired as I checked the printed schedule of movie times on the counter, wondering if they played the first film earlier.

"You like the sequel better."

I couldn't hold back my smile. It was such a turn-on to have my date taking care of me for once. Emma never let me pick the movies we watched, at theatres or at home. I don't even think she knew what my favourite films were! And then here's Paxton, finding the one theatre in town that was showing one of my favourites for one night only... damn, I wanted to kiss him so badly!