S1~07: Date Double Face

Start from the beginning

(Runa's point of view.)

'It's the ipomoea-scented soldier that reported to Kenshin.' Runa observed. 'What's he doing here? Curious, curious.' "C-Can I... help you...?" She asked.

"I've come here on Hideyoshi-sama's orders." The soldier answered.

"Liar..." Runa immediately said. "I may... be young... but not... stupid..." He may be wearing the Uesugi Army's clothing, and said he's with Hideyoshi, but Runa wasn't buying it.

"Shh.." The soldier shushed her. "There is nothing I can do if you don't believe me. As you can see, I am dressed as a member of the Uesugi Army, but I have this." He revealed an object in his hand.

" He revealed an object in his hand

(Runa's point of view.)

Runa immediately noticed the crest. "This is the... Toyotomi clan's crest..." She mumbled.

"Hideyoshi-sama is incredibly worried about you and the girl." The soldier said. "He is waiting for you two outside right now."

Runa hummed.

When footsteps came into earshot, the two tensed.

Runa grabbed the soldier's hand and yanked him inside, using her thorns to cage him before closing the door herself.

The soldier stumbled inside and they tripped over each other as the thorns shattered. Runa ended up on top of him, somehow straddling the soldier. Before either of them could react...

"Runa-chan?" Kageie's voice came through the door as he knocked gently.

Runa used her thorns again, caging the soldier as she went up to the door, opening it slightly. "Yes...?" She innocently asked.

The soldier tensed when the thorns were pointing at his vital spots.

"Okay. Don't exit this room, got it?" Kageie told her.

Runa nodded before gently shutting the door.

With that, they heard Kageie's footsteps walking away.

Runa then removed her thorns before straddling the soldier again. "Close one..." She looked down at the man under her. "You are cute..." She complimented. "And sneaky..." She added with seriousness. "Not part... of Oda Army..."

The mysterious man narrowed his eye slightly at her. 'What is she implying?' He wondered.

Then out of nowhere, Runa pulled his hood down, revealing his face... and wolf ears.

The soldier's eye widened.

"A deal..." Runa told him with sly mixing in her monotone voice. "I come... with willing... No fights... no killing... no massacre... If... and only if... you let me... touch your ears..."