S1~05: Wild Feeling

Start from the beginning

"No worries, no worries." Hanbee waved, assuring her. "You'll be fine with us!"

"Runa, I know you're strong, but please be careful, okay?" Hideyoshi warned her.

Runa nodded.

"E-Excuse me..." Yuzuki called out.

"What is it?" Hideyoshi asked with his usual smile.

"Why exactly are you fighting?"

"Huh?" She surprised not only Hideyoshi, but Runa as well.

"I've been wondering this for a while." Yuzuki mentioned. "Since that time Hideyoshi-san met Nobunaga-san."

Then the memory of that night played in Runa's mind.

Flashback:

Nobunaga staring down at them at the edge of the cliff with Ranmaru behind him.

"It's been a while, Monkey." Nobunaga coldly said.

"Nobunaga... sama." Hideyoshi said in a low voice.

The two vampires had a staring contest until Hideyoshi broke it with a chuckle, which caught Nobunaga's attention. "Man, to think you would kindly come for my head yourself. Or, rather, should I say that you've kindly brought me your head?" He mocked.

"What did you say?!" Ranmaru shouted, moving forward to lunge at the commander.

"It's fine. Settle down." Nobunaga told the young vassal. He was unfazed by Hideyoshi's mock.

Ranmaru calmed down and stepped back to his original position.

"Monkey, my head is here." Nobunaga took a few steps until he reached the edge of the cliff he's standing. "You are welcome to it, if you can take it." He taunted. "However, no matter how many schemes you come up with or soldiers you try to gather, you will never reach my head."

"Still the same as ever." Hideyoshi smirked.

Flashback ended:

"Is there some other reason you wish to defeat Nobunaga-san beyond just unification?" Yuzuki asked.

Everyone was silent with sad and uncomfortable expressions. Runa knows how they feel when this sort of topic comes up. It's too personal. She knows she would try to avoid talking about it as much as possible.