S1~03: Takeda Banquet

Start from the beginning

Masanobu gestured back at the long line of carts outside. "This is just part of it. The rest is at a temple nearby."

Hideyoshi walked forward. "I see. Did you come with any other generals?"

"No. Yamagata Masakage, Naitou Masatoyo, and Baba Nobuharu are here." Masanobu's voice turned a bit serious.

All the names the Takeda vassal stated made the Toyotomi vassals tense, except Runa since she knew why. The names that were called out were Takeda Shingen's other high vassals. When she glanced at Yuzuki, the girl looked more clueless than ever.

Hanbee stepped forward in a haste with his hand gesturing for Masanobu to stop talking. "J-Just a minute." He stuttered before making Yuzuki to turn around like everyone else, forming a circle to talk in private.

" He stuttered before making Yuzuki to turn around like everyone else, forming a circle to talk in private

Runa saw everything coming so she already had an idea what the conversation was going to be about. So, she slipped out of the circle and casually made her way over to the werewolf.

Masanobu looked down at the raven-haired beauty with a smile.

Runa stared at him, especially his ears with wonder. "Werewolf..." She blurted out. "Can I... touch your ears...?" She asked politely. "They look... soft..."

Masanobu blushed lightly but nodded. He bent down to let her reach them more easily. Runa just stared at him with wonder for a moment before getting on her tippy toes, and reached up for his ears. She gripped the tip of his ears with two of her fingers, rubbing it softly.

A very faded shade of red smeared Runa's cheeks. "Soft..." She mumbled as she let go. "Thank... you..."

Even though she's interacting with him the best she could, her guard was up, and she would call forth her thorns whenever she pleased.

"Is this... a trap...?" Runa asked him bluntly with her usual emotionless face.

Masanobu's eyes widened at the question. He did not expect someone around Runa's age to say that. "No. More like an offering." He told her with a smile.

Runa hummed at the reply. "You were there... weren't you...?" She questioned.

"Huh?" Masanobu was confused.

"When Hideyoshi confronted... Nobunaga back at... the cliff..." Runa explained. "You were hiding... behind a tree... Good view... to watch..."

Masanobu's eyes widened again, shock coursing through him.

Runa yawned, covering her mouth with one hand. "Watch... who you're dealing with..." She warned.

When Runa looked back at the group, Hideyoshi ran passed her and Masanobu while dragging Yuzuki along with him. Hideyoshi hopped on the first horse, that's leading the line of carts, and pulled Yuzuki in front of him.