"Owa owa Understood sir, thank you again."

Aloemere nodded, "then you are dismissed for the evening."

You nodded back, walking towards the exit of the training grounds and around the corner-

"One more thing actually, (Y/n)."

'Seriously...' Your head peeked around the corner to face your master, pretending to smile at him for halting your escape.

"The King has asked for me to accompany him on some business. I shall only be gone for a day, but I'll need you to be in tip top shape when I'm away. This is serious (Y/n). I need someone here who can protect the castle, and the Princess."

'Oh this is serious-' You walked back from around the corner, IS this like- an assignment?"

"Perhaps it is, if you can prove to me you can keep things in order while I'm away, than maybe I'll consider reducing your hours on a, permanent level?" Aloemere smiled knowing that would certainly make you happy and encourage you to try.

You wanted nothing more than that, but all the same this was an important little test. How card could it be? Nothing goes wrong in Soleanna.

. . . . .

"Elise?" You opened a door to a grand library, bookcases as tall as village homes, the residents of which were volumes of literature, scrolls, and books of all kinds. You couldn't see over them, even if you were a much taller human.

Padding along the rows, you searched for your friend, Princess Elise. Another kid your age who was just as busy with royal studies as you were in guard training.

You found the girl hyper-fixated on a rustic, orange novel with drawings and diagrams. Must be for educational studies, but you weren't sure what it was. The book was lined in a gold leaf trim and the pages were old but preserved. Peeking your nose over her shoulder, you quietly observed. A circular ring with 7 circles around it, most likely for the chaos emeralds knowing this place.

"Elise." You whispered to spook your friend a little.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Oh, hey (Y/n), how's it going?" Her tone switched immediately from a yell to genuine welcoming. Your ears went down to block out the yell at the first part, a guard even peered around the corner to make sure everything was ok.

Grabbing a chair close by, you climbed your way up, grunting, and sat on top of some books so you were of equal height to the girl, "I'm, OURAH, fine, just done with training- What about you?"

Your friend hummed and turned to the book once more, "Just more research my father wants me to look at... Stuff I'll probably never use. He said he's researching it so I should too. Here, take a look. It's all funky and weird, but I kinda want to go see what's up."

Leaning your head over you now saw the book. It was a monstrous flame, literally, a monster made of flames. Underneath it was some text about what little was known of this creature, but there was also a purple vial below that said it can constrain the evil of this monster.

"It's... pretty neat?" You agreed, but were silently a little undecided.

"That's why I'm sneaking into dad's lab tomorrow."

Your eyes shot open, "WAIT- What? Elise, you can't do that!"

"But doesn't it sound like fun? Besides, my dad has that purple thing to contain it. I want to see it all for myself. Come with me (Y/n)."

You hissed and tried to look away from Elise, torn between having fun with your best friend or sticking to Aloemere's deal soooo... placing a hand on your forehead, you pulled back your hair and ears to say nervously that-