Born a New

This little OS is a small gift for Sara. A friend I found during a difficult time and now, makes all the hard days feel a little easy. Thank you for being my friend and critic. 

They say morning shows the day. They say a sunny day is a happy day. What about the rains then? Rains that make peacocks unfurl their colorful feathers. Rains that make the trees dance like a happy child along with the breeze. Rains return the green to the brownfields and paint the colorful rainbow on the boring canvas of the blue sky. For him, even if the sky was covered in clouds the day was happy. Lord knows, he has never been conventional. Today would be the last day he would follow any rules. So, with a bright smile on his ever-gorgeous lips, he entered the ensuite bathroom. As the warm shower water fogged the mirrors, his past flashed before his eyes.

Deadly handsome? Oh! well, you can certainly say so. He is not a narcissist, but he loved himself enough to know about his good looks. So, a hiccup I love life never existed in his book. Well, never until he met her!

Let's take this from the beginning.

This pride was not only because of his looks but also his general intelligence, wit, and maturity. He had a smart mouth and he certainly knew how to play with words. So, when he landed his first marketing job at the young age of 19, no one was surprised. His talent at wordplay coupled with his natural charm and polite confidence earned him the best attention from everyone at his workplace. With a smooth sailing career, a happy and joyous life with his close friends, and the well-liked attention from the female world, his life was going almost brilliant.

This pride was not only because of his looks but also his general intelligence, wit, and maturity. He had a smart mouth and he certainly knew how to play with words. So, when he landed his first marketing job at the young age of 19, no one was surprised. His talent at wordplay coupled with his charm and polite confidence earned him the best attention from everyone at his workplace. With a smooth sailing career, a happy and joyous life with his close friends, and the well-liked attention from the female world, his life was going almost brilliant.

Everything was almost picture-perfect. Almost. Until, he came in and the illusion of the perfection first tumbled, then started on a free fall, until it shattered. But in some way, that free fall was something he needed. Because it was that free fall when he discovered his beautiful wings. And God! he went soaring through the rainbows and clouds.

It was one summer day that he learned there will be a new guy joining his team. The problem was, that he was joining the position he was working hard for more than a year and a half. He was heartbroken, but he was more determined to prove why he was more deserving of that promotion.

However, it did not take long for the two guys fighting for one position to turn into two guys fighting over a pint of beer. Both of them had likable personalities, with the innocence of a child yet the mischievousness of a rebel teenager. As their team became richer with their creative ideas, their friendship only grew deeper. And then it happened. As his luck would have it, the girl he had the longest crush on, approached his friend. Was he jealous? God! He was. But more than jealousy, it was painful for him. It was not his first crush. It wasn't the first time that he saw his crush dancing with someone else either. But none of them ever made him feel this insane burning inside his chest. It felt like a fire, burning steady in his heart, ready to consume his entire being. It was like a wildfire, all-consuming. Destructive and ever spreading. Staying close to his newly made friend felt painful. When he found his friend in a close moment with his girl crush after a few days, he felt his entire world tumble and crush before him.

That day, his world fell apart, only to be born a new.

As his eyes started to water, he heard a soft knock on the door. Someone was there. Someone was looking for them. Blame him for losing himself in the past memories. It took him a few hours to get ready. This was a big day. His legs felt wobbly, he was clearly having jitters. But more than anything, he was excited. He cannot wait to finally see the love of his life.

As the white suit tail flowed behind him with the bouquet of blue irises in his hand, he looked up. He looked, maybe stared, maybe ogled. How can he not? There was the person of his dream, standing in his perfectly tailored suit looking as beautiful as ever. The slant rays from the evening sun were falling on his brown hair, making them shine like a forgotten hill on the Cairngorms. His sea-green eyes appear as the vast lake after a long walk through a deserted country. He felt his eyes water for the second time in the day. His eyes swelled with pride and love. He could feel his lover's eyes on his as well. He could feel his love and admiration in that one look and his eyes lowered.

Soon he heard a little whisper in his ear. His mother whispered to him, "My son makes the most beautiful bride in the world." He blushed again. As he reached the altar, his feet felt as if they are floating on the cloud. His love standing in front of him in the most beautiful black suit. His smile was graced with love and contentment. As the pastor announced them as the husband and husband, his eyes flowed freely. He could see his tears as well. As his lips met him, he felt his heart come alive. His hands found his friend's lover's husband's hair and felt them slip through them. His hair was soft as if made to be touched by his hand. Not by anyone else. Not by his crush, not by his husband's girlfriend. He was his. They were here. On the alter. As husbands.

As they left the alter with each other's hands held in a strong grip, the setting sun painted the long road in a golden hue. It was their golden carpet, welcoming them toward their happy beginning.

With Love,

Pri <3

_____________________

Cairngorms: A mountain range in the eastern highland of Scotland; Ref: Wikipedia.