CH. 21 Your dark side

Start from the beginning

“Uhm, you know my friends and me go skateboarding in some parks and places, right? Well, uhm, more or less two years ago a gang of guys came to our usual spot and, uhm, began to act li-like punks, like bullies. Oh boy, they were all big and huge and insulted us for our look and our hobby. Uhm, we tried to ignore them, but they were just looking for someone to beat and insult.” He shivered and then continued with his tale, having my rage to build up, more and more. “Boy, Mike and Andy tried to cool them down, but they began to call them names and push them around, until Carlos, another friend of mine, told them to stop. Oh boy, D-Dmitri and a friend of him punched him so hard and I ran to help him and so they kicked and punched me, too.”

My breathing got heavy, deep and burning. My heart raced at an insane speed, so were my thoughts, my feelings and my sensations. Fuck, even my head was spinning. 

“Jasper, I am so sorry to hear all of this.” I closed my eyes and suppressed back the raging feeling that got tears in my eyes.

Why him? Why someone so cute, sweet, gentle and caring? Why?

Did Alexi know it?

Wait.

Wait a fucking moment. That couldn’t be possible. Hell. No. I refuse to believe it.

“Jasper, wait a moment, please. Are you sure you are talking about the same person? I mean … he is my Alexi’s best friend.”

“Sorry, it’s the same person, I am not mistaking. I could recognize everywhere that huge asshole and that eyes and those hands.”

“Ok, did it happen again?” I asked, fearing very much the answer.

“Yep, more times and they threatened us, to not say anything. They would have otherwise found us and sent us to the hospital.” He swallowed hard and tears fell down from his eyes. My Lord. I felt a fucking painful lump in my throat. I felt like throwing up. But I kicked down everything and just hugged my best friend and smoothed his hair and told him to calm down, that I was here, that I wouldn’t permit anyone else to touch him. Not fucking anymore.

“Thank you, Travis. Boy, I love you so much.” He said, with his face buried in my neck. We kept like this for a while, I didn’t know what to say. There wasn’t much actually to say. We both knew what it meant, what you feel under those fucking twisted situations. There was nothing more to say at the moment. Just calming Jasper down and let him know I was there for him, any time. Always.

We snuggled into bed and switched off the light, he kept close to me, holding my hand. He looked like a sweet and lost puppy. Fuck, I was sooo going to kick the shit out of that asshole. But, wait. Fuck. How could that be possible?

Jas fell asleep and his breathing was calm and relaxed, as for me, I couldn’t sleep at all. I kept awake, staring the ceiling in the dark.

I still couldn’t believe what he told me, fuck, I mean, Dmitri. No, that couldn’t be possible, there must me some misunderstanding here, fuck, I mean, Dmitri. Oh for fuck’s sake, snap out of it. You sound like a broken disc.

It’s just that, why would Jasper lie? How could he mistake that much?

No reasons.

No fucking reasons.

So why?

And how could Alexi be friend with him? Did he know that?

No, wait, Travis. We are talking about Alexi, not someone random. He trusted Dmitri as his best friends and fuck, he even took our side that morning in the bathroom. Hell, was he really a psycho, a bipolar and psychotic asshole?