Chapter 48 - A wish came true

Start from the beginning

-"One night when Vrasidas visited George, I listened to them and learned everything! George was behind my abusing and mistreatment"

Hearing these words my hands became fists and I could hardly control myself not to break everything in the room. I was in rage! I took a few deep breaths trying to calm down. I realized that Melina got anxious by my behavior. She seemed very worried and I didn't want to stress her more! She approached me hesitantly and put her hands on my shoulders while she looked at me straight in the eyes! We kept staring each other in absolute silence when I pulled her closer and hugged her tightly. Her intoxicating smell calmed my nerves down and relaxed me! Oh God I have missed her so much! Her soft body made my stomach flutter and my heartbeat races. At first, our kiss was wild and dominant but as the minutes passed it became softer and sweeter. We stood there kissing for a few minutes, until we finally broke up to catch our breath.

-"Stavros I have something very important to tell you!" Melina said in a serious tone.

-"What is it my love?" I wondered. What was it that made Melina come to find me one day after she left? I started to worry. Did this scammer do anything to my girl? Is this what she wants to tell me about? I swear to God I am gonna kill him!

-"I have hidden a very important information from you. Something very serious that is going to change our lives radically."

-"Don't make me worry. What is it Melina? Did this bastard do anything to you?" I asked her worryingly.

-"No, no he didn't. Stavros it's not what you think...."

-"Then what is it?" I asked impatiently.

-"A new member will arrive to our house. Soon very soon!"

-"You mean you will return to our home with me?" I asked eagerly.

-"Of course I will. And not only me but also a very dear person of mine!"

-"You don't have to inform me about. You know very well that your guests are always welcome to our house! Is he a relative of yours?"

-"You can call him like that" she said with a smirk.

-"Him? What are you hiding my love?" I asked her playfully.

-"Our son is coming!" Melina said excitedly.

-"Stop messing with me! You know we don't have any child" I contradicted.

-"We will, in six months' time!" she said smiling broadly. I was so excited about the news that I could not describe my joy! I picked Melina up, hugged her and turned her around for several times. We both smiled feeling absolutely happy.

-"My love please put me down! I begin to feel dizzy!" Melina begged.

-"I am sorry my love I am really sorry! Are you ok?" I asked her after I put her immediately down. I am such an idiot!

-"Yes yes I am ok don't worry!" she reassured me as she sat on the bed putting her hand on her head.

-"Would you like a glass of water?" I offered.

-"Yes, thank you!" she replied while her smile never fading from her face.

I went to the bar, took an empty glass and filled it with water from the jar. Then after I offered it to Melina, I sat next to her and put my hand behind her back. She took two sips gratefully and sat there looking at the floor. It was obvious that something troubled her but I decided not to bother her. A few minutes of completely silence passed when Melina raised her head up and looked at me.

-"Stavros there is also something else I wanted to tell you!"

-"What my love?" I wondered.

-"Remember when you told me yesterday that Christine told you that you slept together at the hotel that day?"

-"My love, please, let us not dwell on this issue anymore. I know I shouldn't be in her room from the first place. Please forgive me! I swear it won't happen again!"

-"My love, Christine lied to you about what happened that day. Υou never slept together! You just slept there nothing else!"

-"How....how.... are you so sure about it?" I wondered.

-"Cause I heard her saying it!"

-"Where?" I asked again. My suspicions had been confirmed. Christine lied to me. Although she was a dear friend to me, she betrayed me in the end.

-"Yesterday at Andreadakis' house. She had come to visit Tina. They obviously have a very good relationship."

-"Do they?" I asked annoyed. "So that's why you returned to me...." I said disappointed.

-"I...I.....am sorry....You are right! I should have more confidence in you" she apologized.

-"It's okay my love. I understand! You are in a very difficult situation. Anyway, all this belongs to the past. We need to consult a doctor about your amnesia and pregnancy. I do not trust the doctor George brought you. We also have to do some shopping!"

-"If you don't mind, I would like something to eat first. I am really starving!" Melina suggested timidly.

-"Hahaha! Yes my love I won't let you starve. I will inform the reception immediately to bring us breakfast!" I told her and exited the room overjoyed.

We decided to have our breakfast on the terrace. Although we were in the middle of spring, the morning breeze was a bit cold. Embracing, we waited for the sun to rise. The view was amazing! When the sun came up, the colors of orange and yellow filled the sky making the spectacle unique. We looked at each other for a while and then we kissed! Oh my God how I missed those beautiful lips of hers!

We sat there and ate our breakfast happy that we found each other again! We decided to spend our whole day together.

Melina wanted to rest first so I let her sleep on my bed while I went down to arrange the procedures of our departure.