And to be fair, of course she had love in her heart, but she was still confused on why her brain transmitted that feeling when she would see a certain someone. She wasn't familiar with it either. 

     But when Jamie met Derek Shepherd, she knew she was in some deep shit that she couldn't seem to get out of. It was like she just kept digging a hole for herself that she knew she was never going to get out of. It was inevitable. 

     When Derek came along it felt like a flip was switched inside of her that she couldn't understand. She would never understand. 

     And would she admit it to him out loud?

     Hell no

    But the way he made her feel was... different than anything she had felt for anyone. And she was not ready for the train that was about to hit her at full speed. 

     "Ugh, it's too early." Jamie groaned as her cellphone woke her up, ringing loudly on the nightstand beside the bed. "Hello?"

     "Dr. Grey, this is Ms. Henry from the nursing home. I'm calling about your mother." The woman told her through the line.

     Jamie sat upright in one quick motion. "Is she alright?"

     "Oh, it's nothing like that." 

     When the woman said that Jamie fell back into bed with a sigh of relief. "Okay. Uh, can I call you later, then?" If it wasn't that urgent, she'd deal with it later. 

     "Uh, I just wanted to-"

     "Sorry, I have to go." And then she quickly hung up the phone with a grunt. "Stupid Ellis." She grumbled under her breath before laying back down and closing her eyes. 

     "Oh my god," Derek groaned from her bed, turning and facing Jamie, cuddling into her side sleepily. "Who is calling you at this hour?" He spoke in a mumble into her neck. 

     She shrugged and ran her fingers through his hair- his oh, so soft, hair. "Wrong number." Before she kissed his forehead. "We have to get up."

     Derek groaned in protest pulling the girl closer so she couldn't leave, "No, we can sleep in."

     But Jamie got up and put a shirt and some pants on before kissing the male's forehead. "Goodmorning." She smiled before heading over to the door and opening it. Izzie was standing right there. "Uh- hi? What is going on out here?" The woman asked in annoyance and tiredness.

     George shook his head. "Nothing,"

     Izzie smiled at the male and said, "Nothing. He's freaked out because I caught him playing with Little Jimmy and the twins." She reported back to the blonde. 

     "I have a girlfriend."

     "Okay,"

     The resident groaned. "Ugh, I didn't need to know that. I could have gone my entire life without knowing that from anyone."

     "This sounds like fun out here." Derek came out into the hallway with the group, pulling his shirt over his head before his cellphone rang and he quickly ignored it without a glance. 

     Jamie looked at the male confused and asked, "Aren't you going to answer that? It might be the hospital." 

     "It's not," He deadpanned before kissing her forehead like she had just done a minute ago. "Breakfast?"

     "Hmm," She looked at him weirdly, watching him walk away and wondered. He's still hiding something