Ch. 2

Tobias

"Tobias wait!" They unstrapped me, and when I turned around there she was.

Smiling at me. Her stringy blonde hair was messy and hung to her waist. She was wearing all black. This was the woman I loved more than anything in the world. The woman that I thought was gone from my life for good until this moment.

Then suddenly I felt this craving. I couldn't help myself I just kissed her. And of course she kissed me back.

"Umm Tobias." She said quietly. "Yes, love?" I asked with happy tears pouring from my eyes. "I'm umm... I'm pregnant!" She squealed.

"That's the best news I've heard since I found out you were alive just a few minutes ago!" I said giddily.

She smiled and said, "Now how about we go down this zip line together. It is one of my favorite things." She said with a laugh.

"I'll go first if that makes it less scary." She said warmly. "No. I think I should go first to show you how brave I am." I said triumphantly, which made her laugh.

I got strapped in again and mentally prepared myself. Then before I knew it I was flying through the air.

When I made it to the bottom I was proud of myself.

I did it. I did it. Then I heard squeals of joy. Tris. I guess Aves was right, this was one of Tris's favorite things.

"Wasn't that so exhilarating!" Tris said happily. "Well I guess you could say that." I said calmly wrapping my arms around her waist and giving her a kiss.

It was as if two minutes ago I wasn't crying my eyes out. It was as if she had never been "dead".

Then we heard more excited shouts and I saw Avery flying down the zip line. "Second time was way more fun than the first!" She said happily as she reached the ground.

Tris laughed and said, "I think the first time was a lot more interesting." Then they shared an embrace. "I had no idea you guys were such close friends." We all laughed.

More screams. "Chris..." Tris mumbled her voice trailing off.

"That was... fun!" Christina said enthusiastically in her loudass voice. I cringed. Avery hugged me. "What's up with you Four?" Lynn said from the landing platform.

"I just don't like heights that's all." She laughed a little but then stopped abruptly from the look Tris gave her.

We all turned to head towards the train after Uriah, Marlene, Will, Zeke, Shauna and Lauren all landed. "Tris wait!" Christina cried from behind us.

"Yes?" Tris asked very patiently. "I... I umm..." She blubbered.

"I missed you too!" Tris yelled embracing her after a moment. I'm glad they're friends again.

"Alright let's go the trains here!" Avery called breaking into a run. After a minute she dropped back and grabbed the last handle pressing the open door button in one swift movement. I was next, then Tris, then everyone else.

We all laughed and talked of old times and funny stories. I cuddled with Tris. "I've missed you so much in the past few days... I love you Tris." I whispered into her ear.

She giggled and whispered back, "I love you too." I laughed too and everyone turned to look at us.

"What's up with you two?" Zeke asked in his loud voice. "Lovebirds." Avery muttered.

I raised my eyebrows at her. She just looked at me.

"Do you miss him?" I asked finally. Her facial expression turned to stone. "He's dead. You killed him. I hate you." She said simply, and then she got up and moved over to where Peter and Will were at the opposite side of the compartment.

"What happened?" Tris asked curiously. I looked down with tears filling my eyes. Before Tris she was the only one who was ever there for me.

"I had to umm... shoot Mattheo. The doctors said he's gonna be fine but he wants her to think he's dead for some reason." I whispered choking on the last word.

I had cried more in the last 5 hours than I have since I was in Abnegation.

Tris embraced me. It made me feel safe. She smelled of Lavender and Vanilla. She was my safety, and I was hers that's just how our relationship works. We protect each other. As best as we can.

***

When we finally make it back to Dauntless compound I have thought of a million new ways to apologize to Avery.

Yet with every new way it seems there is ten different ways she'd react to each of them.

She scowled when I sat down next to her and moved as far away as possible. Whatever she'll get over it eventually.

"Tobias? Are you sure you're alright?" Tris asks warmly. "Of course love. Why do you ask?" I answered passively. "You still look a bit shaken from the zip line, and..." She trailed off and pointed towards Avery.

I just nodded. "I'm fine really." I said reassuringly.

That night was great. What we all figured would be a casual gathering to pay our respects turned into a raging party at Zeke's place. Life is crazy.

A/N•

Thanks for reading! I love you guys so much! More to come very very soon! ~Avery
💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀