the boy who can't fucking stay out of trouble

Chapter Eighteen

I sigh lightly, ever so quiet, as I rest my chin on my hand and smile slightly as Harry nearly spills a cup of pumpkin juice on himself. He turns bright red, not unlike how he looked when I talked to him in transfiguration, and- Stop. I realize what I'm doing, and immediately raise my head and stop smiling. This is absolutely ridiculous, I cannot fall for a boy that I probably won't ever see again. I'm going back to France at the end of the year, dammit! And it's not like he's showing that much interest in me anyway, everytime I talk to him he avoids my gaze and stutters. Maybe he's scared of me and my super evil veela powers. I remember when I first met our gardener's son, he was simply terrified of me. I hear someone stifling a giggle, and I risk getting whiplash to turn and glare as harshly as possible at Ekyia, who the giggle came from.

"What, Viv. It's not like you were being subtle at staring at Harry. You should be grateful he's so very oblivious," She shrugs, and turns to Belle, who startles, as she was staring lovingly at Ekyia. "Hey, I'm going to go back to the carriages, I want to fetch my gloves." She smiles, and I think of her ridiculously expensive purple leather gloves that I got her for her Birthday last year. She was complaining about being cold.

"Ok, I'll be here when you get back." Belle responds, and leans in to kiss her lightly. I fake gag at their kiss. Ekyia glares at me as she stands up and walks away. We are sitting in the great hall, waiting for Dumbledore to announce the triwizard tournament contestants, and also eating dinner. Ekyia will most likely be back by the time Dumbledore will draw the names. It seems as if he is feeding off of the anticipation and impatience of the students desperately wondering who's life will be at stake for their entertainment. I think Aunt Char would rather kill me herself than let me compete in this competition. I turn back to Harry. He's so sweet, and I nearly start smiling again when he laughs at a joke that his redhead friend that I forgot the name of says something, but I catch myself. I think I'm actually starting to like him, even though we've had a total amount of six conversations, and each one lasted about ten minutes. Who's counting though?

"Viv?" I turn back to belle, and notice immediately how nervous she looks. She's chewing on her lip and picking at her nails, effectively avoiding my gaze. God, what is it with people avoiding my gaze lately? It's weird.

"Yeah?" I say, trying to make my voice as soft as possible, and she looks up at me. She takes a deep breath, and says

"IwanttoaskEkyiatobemygirlfriend." I let out a breathy laugh.

"Pardonner?" (Pardon?) French just slips out, even though me, Ekyia, and Belle all agreed it would be beneficial to speak exclusively in english.

"I want to ask Ekyia to be my girlfriend," She says again, slower and calmer. I smile, but my head is racing at a thousand miles per hour. I thought that they were just joking around. I mean sure, they kissed a couple times but I didn't know that it was serious. I mean, Belle is hardly serious about anything. And what would happen if they break up? Would our friendship dynamic be ruined forever? "And I know you're thinking that this is just a spur of the moment thing, but I promise it's not. I value Ekyia's feelings too much for that." She looks up at me, and I believe her.

"Sure, do you need anything from me?" Is my breathy response, but I can hardly remember what I said. I'm still busy overthinking the many things that could go wrong. She makes a screwed up face.

"Ew, absolutely not. That's so cringey, having your friends ask out someone for you." She responded, and I snapped myself out of my internal hell. I need to be supportive of my friends, even though my entire life could poten- Nope. Not even gonna think about it.

"Hello, I'm back" Ekyia states the obvious in a sing-songy voice, and sits beside Belle once again, this time with her gloves on her hands. She looks up at the elevated teacher's table and sighs when she realizes that the names haven't been drawn yet.

"Wow, he really enjoys torturing the stundents here, huh." Belle scoffs, looking around the room at the kids sitting on the edge of their seats, glaring up at him, hoping to telepathically change his mind or some shit. Finally, the goblet suddenly starts up, blue flames dancing around the edge. Dumbledore gets up and starts drawing the names. Makes a big deal out of reading the paper, before announcing

"Viktor Krum" as the champion of durmstrang. He makes flirty eyes at a bushy haired girl sitting to the right of Harry, before walking off to the chambers Dumbledore points him towards. He shakes a couple of hands, and then disappears. All of a sudden, another piece of paper shoots out of the goblet, and lands perfectly in Dumbledore's hand.

"Damn, he was probably a god at sports when he was younger." Belle whispers to us.

"Yeah, you wish you could relate." Ekyia teases back, and Belle sticks her tongue out at her. I scoff humorously, and turn back around when I hear him shout.

"Fleur Delacour" as the champion of Beauxbatons. I shoot out of my seat, and start clapping along with most of the Beauxbatons girls. Some of the girls are immensely upset, but Belle whistles as Fluer goes up to shake some hand or whatever. I really hope she doesn't die, she's the only one that can even slightly control Belle. Even Ekyia can't do much.

I smile widely as I sit back down, and hum contently to myself. I'm glad we have a lovely lady representing us in the tournament. As Dumbledore starts to announce the Hogwarts champion, I see students and teachers lean forward in anticipation. The blue flames erupt once more and turn a scalding red as another name floats into Dumbledore's outstretched hand. He announces the Hogwarts champion to be a "Cedric Diggory" and I have no idea who that is. But when he stands up, holy shit, I wish I did. He also goes up to shake some more hands, and Belle jumps up as soon as he leaves.

"Alrighty, that was lovely. Now, Ekyia, c-'' The goblet erupting in red once more interprets Belle's eager attempt to get Ekyia alone. I furrow my brows, before I remember that it causes wrinkles and quickly undo it. That wasn't supposed to happen, if the puzzled look on Dumbledore's face is anything to go by. HE mumbles something, before saying in a more certain voice.

"Harry Potter."