01:09

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"

-  Audrey Hepburn

- - - -

James' POV

Saturday, October 4th, 1971; Gryffindor Boy Dormitory

I heard a loud shriek echo throughout the dormitory, followed by a loud clang, and a sound that sounded like glass shattering. I immediately sat up in my bed, grabbing my glasses and putting them on. What the hell happened? 

I looked at Remus' bright clock, reading the time as '12:33 am'. Who the hell is up this early? I grabbed my wand and muttered, "Lumos," and my wand lit up. I looked around the room, seeing Peter still asleep while Sirius had done the same as me.

I saw Remus standing next to Alastair's bed, hugging Alastair. Alastair's shoulders were convulsing, as quiet sobs left his mouth. What happened? Is he alright? 

By Remus' feet, I saw a broken lamp on the floor, surrounded by broken glass with Alastair's—now—broken glasses laying on the floor next to it. Alastair muttered, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," his voice cracking at every word as he continued sobbing.

"I didn't mean it, I'm so sorry, Moony. I'm sorry, I'm so so fucking sorry."

What'd he do to Remus? I thought as I titled my head to the side in confusion. Remus replied, "Shhh," rubbing Alastair's back as he continued speaking, "It's not your fault. It has never been your fault," as Alastair continued to sob in Remus's night shirt.

After Alastair had sobbed for about another minute, his sobs began to die down and I looked over to see Alastair asleep. I hope Alastair will be alright. Remus laid Alastair's head on his pillow, before covering Alastair up with his bedding. 

The dormitory door opened, revealing a redhead male. He asked, "What happened? Everyone in the Tower heard a loud shriek." Remus looked at the male and replied, "Sorry, Caspar. Alek just had a nightmare." 

The male—Caspar is his name I believe—replied by carefully walking into the room as I turned on my lamp. Caspar closed the door behind him, leaning against it and he asked, "Is Alek alright?" How does he know Alastair again? I forgot

Remus replied, "I think he will be. It was really bad." Caspar asked, "Do you know what it was?" Remus answered, "I think so." Caspar nodded and stood up as he said, "Alright. Well, try to get some shut-eye."

Remus nodded as Caspar opened the dormitory door and walked out of the door, shutting the door behind him. I asked, "Who was that?" 

Remus answered, "That's Caspar Acker, he's a seventh year that Alek is good friends with." I nodded, "Nox." Sirius did the same as I while I put my glasses on my nightstand, along with my wand before turning off my lamp.

- - - -

I woke up to the sun shining through the window and I grabbed my glasses off of my nightstand, putting them on my face. I looked at Remus and Alastair's bed, only to see them completely empty. 

I looked at Remus's clock, reading the time as '5:00 am'. Where are they? I shrugged, I'll see them at breakfast. I got out of my bed, starting to get ready for the day. I got dressed in my uniform, before realising it's Saturday. 

It's Saturday, so I've decided I'm going to sleep some more, I thought as I plopped onto my bed, falling easily within seconds after my head hit my pillow.