The first and also last chapter ._.

TW:p1t@y@

AN:My second story :)
The first draft was written on 17th January 2022 in school, but the edited version was made on 16th February.
Thank you Kerstin and Lotti for the inspiration and support <3
Also: English isn't my first language. Feel free to correct me in the comments if I did grammar mistakes :3

Once upon a time a bread roll and a banana were best friends. One day a pitaya joined them on the dining table.

"I'm the most exotic fruit here, so I'm gonna teach you things about my culture."

Banana and Bread Roll didn't want to kill the mood, so they just exchanged meaningful looks but didn't say a word about the fact that the most interesting groceries normally get eaten first.

Banana and Bread Roll had a very smart strategy. Bread Roll was already as hard as a rock and Banana was covered in brown spots. But the human that lived in this house didn't want to throw them away because he somehow managed to persuade himself that they can still be eaten.

As a result the two friends hid behind the fresh food and waited patiently for the day when even the laziest person on earth would throw them away.

As time passed and they rotted together, they became closer friends. The foods became old and wise and although they became spoiled externally, they evolved into better individuals.

Someday they couldn't ignore their tragic fate. At that time Banana was pitch black and Bread Roll even had a mold stain.

"It is time, my friend."

"Can't he wait just a couple hours longer?"

"We can't delay our destiny, nor run away from it. If we don't accept it, it will get worse. Our time has come. Nobody can change a thing now."

"I'm scared."

"Don't be. Everything will be alright. And even if it won't, at least we had a good life."

"Yes... Yes we did have a good life."

The human piked up the banana and tossed it into a trash can.
Technically the bread roll should be in the same can as the banana but although the human was German, it didn't separate the garbage the right way.

Bananas heart broke in thousand pieces when their ways parted. It sulked lonely and sad in the shadows for days, surrounded by plastic wrappings. Nothing in the bin was alive and Banana was so sad that it just hurt. It felt like Bread Roll had took a piece of Banana when it abandoned the poor fruit.

Banana couldn't stand the emptiness anymore. Every hour, minute and second it cried in the dark and wished that it would've got eaten earlier, so it didn't have to put up with this pain.

AN: So dear children, please seperate your garbage properly or else all of your groceries will become depressive.