Mentor Wishlist

LGBTQ+ and diverse main characters: I love diverse stories and queer characters who are happy in the end

LGBTQ+ and diverse main characters: I love diverse stories and queer characters who are happy in the end. I'd also love to see characters with a BG similar to mine, so if they're latinx, Brazilian, indigenous, mixed-race, or immigrants, I'd love to see your story!

Fantasy and Sci-Fi, with bonus points for Science Fantasy: Supernatural creatures, monsters, and/or superpowers? Yes, please. I'm not a fan of high fantasy, but I can't resist a romantic space opera. I have a weakness for the half-dragon spaceship pilot with a dark past and a heart of gold....

Romance: A big, big yes, and it's even better if there's a lot of humor involved.

Other genres: I'm okay with every genre with a strong, character-driven plot. I'm also okay with Historical Fiction, Action, gore, and horror, but I'm not good with tragic dramas.

New Adult and Adult, please: I don't think I'll be a good help if you write Young Adult, but if your story matches every other point above, maybe I could.

Wordcount limit: 100k

***

- Soft No's:

Contemporary Romance: I might not be the best mentor for you if you're writing a romance in a real-life, contemporary setting. Still, if you have Brazilian characters and need some pointers, I'd be happy to help, even if I'm not your mentor. :)

Drama: if I start crying a lot, I can't help much. I'd consider reading a pure drama if it had the characteristics I mentioned in my wishlist, though.

Fanfiction (unless it's a fandom I know VERY well).

Young Adult: As I mentioned up there if your story matches every other point above, maybe I could help. That said, please consider the YA-specialist mentors first, since they'd probably be able to help you way better! :)

- Hard No's:

I do NOT read harmful stereotypes, queer couples being separated with the death of one of them, and characters, mainly female, failing to get out of abusive situations/relationships in the end.

I do NOT read stories with any kind of sexual abuse or child abuse.

Literary Fiction.

***

For more information about the Wattys Bootcamp Mentorship Program, its timeline, and submission process, please check the BootcampMentors profile. ^^ ♥

Feel free to send me a PM or comment here if you have any questions! ;D