15. Red really is her colour

Start from the beginning

Where the hell is Simon?

"I don't want to talk to you. It's obvious that you can't see reason. Not only did you have Hayley escorted off your office, you made your assistant reply to her emails. It's obvious you've lost your mind."

Of course he was here to talk for Hayley.

"Secretary. I'm Mr. Maston's secretary not assistant. Please leave the studio, you're trespassing." Simon replied curtly.

"Who do you think you are? I will have you fired." Daniel threatened.

"Please do not force us to have you escorted off property." Simon's voice remained even.

"Whatever, I won't respond to you. Riley, please. Just talk to me. Don't destroy my best friend and my brother's lives."

That was it. I had enough. "Matt, escort him outside. Simon, explain to him the consequences of trespassing on my property and confiscate his phone. Kara hold back Kenna." Kenna had broken free of Jake's grip and was swiftly making her way to my brother.

Both of my bodyguards sprang into action doing as they were instructed. We stood still for a few minutes listening to Kara attempt to calm down Kenna.

There has to be something more. Her violent reaction couldn't be for that one incident. How did they even know each other? Why did Daniel even know Kenna?

About five or so minutes later, Simon returned announcing that we didn't have to worry about anything else. I felt Riley finally relax and she let go of me. She stared at the ground constantly shifting on her heels.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?"

She shook her head.

Great.

"Le-lets resume." She cleared her throat. Then said it out louder following it up with a 'please'.

Once the fundraiser event was shot. We moved on to the bar scene. I changed out of my maroon suit that I had kept on for the fundraiser scene. 

For the bar scene, I was wearing a white shirt with a navy blue suit. I decided to skip the vest and the tie and keep the suit unbuttoned. Jake wore a very similar outfit, only his suit was a dark brown.

We waited on the set for the women to arrive. When they finally arrived, they looked stunning. Kenna looked gorgeous in a white short dress but I didn't spend much time eyeing the details.

My eyes glued themselves onto my fiancée. I was used to seeing her in dresses so it shouldn't have bothered me but I had never seen her in red.

Red really is her colour.

The dress had long puffy sleeves and a sweetheart neckline that plunged just the right amount revealing just a little bit of her cleavage. I looked down and saw the dress ended in the middle of her thigh showing off the scaly tail of a snake and a few leaves.

In an attempt to ignore the several not so innocent images in my head, I began fiddling with Riley's ring on my finger. I had a habit of flexing my fingers whenever I was anxious, or trying to distract myself but due Riley's ring being bigger for my finger, initially, I stopped doing that and instead pulled at the ring to avoid accidentally flinging it away. Now it's become a habit.

The bar scene was simple. Kenna and I would be pretending to drink on one side while Jake and Riley would be on the other side. I was supposed to be making eye contact with Riley and Kenna was supposed to be staring at Jake. The whole photoshoot was just us shading Hayley and Ian but making it seem that we're were doing it behind their back as well. We needed a lot of photos as the launch featured an exhibition of the photos taken by our newest camera. There would be a lot of different types and categories of photos, but this shoot would be the main attraction.