15

Gio's POV

[Giovanni Hernandez. Grade 11 – Senior High School. 15 years old]

I'm currently laying at the shaded part on the rooftop of our building. Life is dull when I'm not beside Adi. How will my life be when I'm not with her anymore? We might not go to the same university when we're already in college, if that happens... I wonder how I'll live on at that time.

You receive a new email. [2]

Hmm? They already responded.

From: XX University (City of Munich, Germany)

Good Day,

We would like to congratulate Mr. GIOVANNI HERNANDEZ for passing the preliminary examination and gaining the eligibility to study in our university under the Department of Information Technology.

All the cost for the five year education would be covered by the program. Kindly contact the person in-charge for your education.

Mr. Brenan Bach

+49 XX XXXXXX

der Lehrer

We are hoping for your positive feedback.

Heh, I can't really be with Adi. Five years without Adi, huh? I'll have a quiet but dull life.

From: Brenan Bach

Good day, Sir Hernandez:

I would like to formally inform you that I'll personally fetch you for the admission interview of our university.

Kindly, prepare the necessary documents you need for your departure. Have a nice day!

"Gio!" I looked at the door kung saan nanggaling yung boses na tumawag sakin.

I just raised a brow at her. Did she skip class to confess? Wait, maybe the teacher found out that I skipped classes again but it's not my fault. I'm already exempt from the exam he gave today so why would I stay in our classroom?

"Uhm, may gusto akong sabihin." The girl in glasses said while looking down at her shoes. Mas nakaka-entertain ba yung sapatos niya kaysa sa mukha ko. You should learn to look at the face of the person you're talking to.

"Gio." I just looked at her and didn't answer. I shouldn't be mean or Adi will scold me again. Kahit nakakainis na yung paulit-ulit na pag-coconfess nila, I should be patient and turn them down nicely.

"I like you." See? She'll confess. Sino nga 'to? She looked familiar.

I looked at the door after seeing her skirt. Patago-tago pa siya, hindi naman niya inayos. Halatang nakikinig siya sa usapan ng iba. Is she embarrassed to hear another girl confessing to me?

"Uhm, mula pa nung junior high school. I really like the way you speak, how you present yourself in front of all our classmates. You always seem unbothered with your surrounding and just move in your own pace, I really admire you Gio." Unbothered? Do I really look like that? I just found Adi more interesting than the people around me.

A loud sound made the girl in front of me look at my face and then the door. Good, this girl would leave if she saw Adi. All the girls unexpectedly evaded me when I'm with Adi. I don't know why but it's a good thing that they won't bother me whenever I'm having fun with her.

"Ehem!" I faked a cough to call Adi's attention and also make the girl leave.

"Is it fun to spy on others' misery?" I said in a sarcastic way to hint at rejection for the girl in front of me.

Hurry up, Miss! I want to have a fun time with My Arcadia.

"Of course, Sa'yo lang ako nakatingin sa loob ng halos pitong taon." Whatever hints I gave her. She'll never understand that I would never look at others because I will always solely focus at her.

I wanted to tell her how I wanted to stay with her but I'm afraid that we'll never suit each other because she's a diamond in the queen's crown while I'm gravel on her castle walls.

The girl finally runaway and left. That time, her inquiry about the girl who confessed to me felt somehow different pero ayoko umasa kasi alam kong kapatid at kaibigan lang ang tingin niya sakin.

However, everything changed with the piece of paper she gave me. It is an origami that resembles a ring. She's surprisingly innocent with these things even though she's a self-indulgent person.

Hindi niya ba alam that you'll give a 'false hope' if you gave someone a ring. Isama mo pa yung way ng pagbibigay niya sakin, she literally wore the ring on my right ring finger.

This woman is really driving me nuts. Anong gagawin ko sa'yo? Pa'no pa ko aalis kung ginaganito mo ako?

She invited me to her house like how she usually does but I don't have the liberty to do so. I need to prepare a lot of documents for my departure but most importantly, I don't have the guts to face her when I'm not calm, baka makahalata siya.

The night came and I put the ring on my study table before showering. That woman really makes me go crazy. How did she even fold this paper to become like this?

Tingnan mo nga naman, gamit na papel pa tinupi niya. Ano kayang nakasulat dito?

Gio,

You know that I'll stay with you kahit gumunaw pa yung mundo, diba? Kaya 'wag mo kong iiwan. Sasampalin kita kapag iniwan mo ko. Bitbitin mo ko kahit saan ka magpunta. Magpapakabait ako promise tapos ipagluluto kita ng masarap. Hindi na rin kita sisipain habang natutulog para hindi ka na malaglag sa kama. Tapos ano, wala na akong masabi. Anyways may nakita akong magandang lyrics sa kanta.

I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings~

Darling, you're the one I want, and~

I hate accidents except when we went from friends to this~

Diba ang ganda? Omygosh kulang na yung papel. Closing speech na lang yung kulang. Gio, I'm willing to marry you with paper rings so please don't be committed to a girl if it's not me.

P.S. Sana hindi mo 'to mabuksan at mabasa. Tnx.

I suddenly felt hot and grinned at the message she wrote, especially the note part. How will I face her after reading her message? It sounds innocent because it came from her but I don't intend to interpret it innocently because that time I knew.

I knew what kind of future we will have. Just wait for me, Adi.