14

Adi's POV

"Let me go. Pagod na ko." I said with a tired voice and tried to open the door once more.

I thought I would be able to get out of his car but to my surprise, he drove away before I could open the door. I'm so tired with everything so I just let him take me away.

I looked out the window and didn't dare to open my mouth to bicker with him the whole ride. Maybe I should just sleep. He'll just probably bring me somewhere peaceful to cool down just like the old times.

***

I slowly opened my eyes when I felt that the car stopped moving. Where did he bring me this time?

"Adi..." He said in a soft voice. I just looked at him indifferently; I'll do my best to ignore him as much as I can. I need to pull myself together and never be swayed again.

It's already 12:10 am when I looked at the time on my phone. I badly want to go home and rest on my bed but I can't get out of this stupid car.

We stayed silent for the next passing minutes until he held my hand. Of course, I was shocked with what he did. Who wouldn't be?

"Let's get married." He kissed my hand after what he said.

"Ha? Are you out of your mind? Let me go, Gio. Stop pestering m-" I was cut off when he suddenly leaned in my direction. I instinctively held my breath, looked away and closed my eyes.

I thought he'll steal a kiss again but he didn't. Thankfully, he didn't do that silly gesture again though I'm a bit disappointed. He leaned to remove my seatbelt and open up the door.

"Where are we?" I said after getting out of the car but he didn't reply nor look back at my direction.

I wanted to book a ride home but it's already 12:30 am so I bet it's kind of dangerous to book a car now. Forget it, I'll just follow him and ask him to send me home.

"Gio, wait for me!" I yelled as I chased his back.

The road I'm walking on is dark but bearable. I could still see Gio's broad silhouette in front of me. He was walking fast in front of me so I had to slightly run in order to catch up. I'm still annoyed at him yet he's making me walk briskly! What a detestable creature!

"Gio! Saglit lang naman." I called him out when I saw him jump at a wall. Mag-aakyat bahay ba kami? I felt nostalgic; we always climb up a wall during senior high school after all.

"Hold tight." He told me when he crouched down and reached for my hand.

I recognized the whole place, after finally committing a crime called 'TRESPASSING'. This is the place where it all started.

"Why are we back here?" I asked as I stared at the starry sky. We have a beautiful night ahead of us.

"Shouldn't we continue where we left off?"

***

We could see the city lights from the roof; my wavy hair kept on dancing with the wind as the cold breeze kissed my cheeks.

"Adi..." he used that soft voice again as if coaxing a vexed lover.

Instead of answering him I just stared at the city lights, I'll just listen to what shits he wanted to say. He can't change my mind whatever he says, I already found the conclusion I want after all.

"Five years ago, the cowardly lady chose to stay cowardly 'till the end. That time I really wanted to pack you up in my baggage and drag you to Germany, I want to spend more time with you and take care of you. I wanted to see your hideous face the moment I woke up and hear your drowsy voice asking whether I like coffee or tea. I wanted to listen to your hearty laughs and snide remarks. That moment, I knew that I wanted to spend my dreary Mondays with you and drive you away from every chaotic situation. Adi, please stop running away from me." I can feel the pain and longing in every word he tells me. Except for the word 'hideous', it ruined the mood.

"Adi?" Ah, he's waiting for my answer. I thought he was just speaking his mind and I'll only listen.

"I'm not running away." I don't know what kind of expression I made but his initial reaction surprised me. He held my right hand tightly using both his hands, as if I would disappear if he ever loosened his grip even a little.

"Then what? Why won't you look at me like how you used to be? Bakit pakiramdam ko lalayo ka lalo kapag binitiwan kita ngayon? I thought you're willing to marry me with paper rings." I breathe heavily upon looking at his face. His usual calm demeanor is now gone, the calm and intelligent prodigy that captured every heart of every girl that took a glance at him is now silently shedding his tears.

"When did I say it?" Pakiramdam ko may nakakalimutan ako. He didn't speak but he let his tears flow, hindi ba siya nahihiya? Kahit na magkaibigan kami, nahihiya pa rin akong umiyak sa harap niya tapos siya dito tamang hagulgol lang.

My train of mockery got interrupted after I felt something on the ring finger of my hand. Paper ring?

"Hey, stop pulling shots now. You already now have a girlfriend so stop flirting with your best friend. I won't go away kahit pa pakasalan mo si Danica. So don't worry and stop crying." I'll just endure everything for this guy. I'll just watched him on the sideline after he decided that he'll have his own family with the girl she loved.

"Hah! So this is what it's all about." He brushed his hair using his left hand while holding my hand with his right. Did he finally go crazy? Why does he look like he won a jackpot in the lottery?

"You're so silly." He said while laughing and crying. Omygosh! He finally lost it.

Nakakahalata na ko. Kanina niya pa ako iniinsulto.

"You know that you look hilarious right now, diba?" I won't disappear from your face kahit na may 'iba' nang pumapapel sa buhay mo.

"Thank you." I just sighed with what he said then hugged him. Mahirap na, baka ito na ang huling yakap ko sa kaniya kasi may iba nang yayakap sa taong ilang taon kong kasama.

"For what?" he is getting weirder sa bawat minutong dumadaan.

"For waiting until I come back." I looked up at him. I feel at peace in his arms right now, how I wished this could last forever.

"Oh? Buti nga buhay ka pa." I'm still scared at that fact na pagkatapos ng oras na 'to, hindi na ko ulit makakapag pahinga sa bisig niya.

"Let's get married." I almost forgot that he said this a while ago.

"Pa'no si Danica?" As if he'll marry me, he is not a scumbag.

"Wala namang Danica. Pakasal na tayo, pumayag na si Dad kasi limang taon na kong naghintay. Inayos ko na rin lahat; just change the designs if you're not satisfied. You could talk to the wedding planner later at 8 in the morning. I'll ask the designer to take your measure-"

"Anong pinagsasabi mo, Gio?" I pushed him away because of shock. Galit ako sa kaniya diba? Nag-move on na ko!

"You're really a slowpoke. I'm telling you that we're getting married two weeks from now."