Chapter #15 Back to the mission

Start from the beginning

Y/n: Sadly, Mine receives a heavy wound from the battle and Tatsumi couldn't reach the base in time, so she passes away in his arms. 

Leone, Lubbock and even Susanoo internally cringed, imagining a moment where you hold a loved one, but they died in your arms. They look over to Mine and were surprised, not really, to see Tatsumi already at her side and holding her, tightly. Mine was the most surprised by the sudden position she was in, but let it happen and hugged Tatsumi back while trembling. 

Tastumi:... Mine-

Mine: Stop. I know what your gonna say, but don't. You don't need to. 

She buried her head into his chest, refusing to see his pained look. He only held her more tightly. Y/n lightly smiled at the scene, then continued again.

Y/n: With that, only four members of Night Raid remain. As for the Jaegers, only Esdeath, Wave, and Run are alive, the last two actually change lives and help the people. 

Tatsumi: Really? I knew Wave would come around!

He smiled proudly that his Teigu rival made the right choice. 

Y/n: As for Kurome... Akame would have killed her sister by then...

Akame lightly froze at remembering what would happen, but kept her cool and reminded herself that she will change her sister's fate. Everyone kept their focus on Y/n, not wanting to bother with attention on the topic.

Y/n: Okay, biggest things that will happen is the Emperor is gonna use the strongest and first Teigu. Which is a mechanical giant. 

Lubbock: Well that's not good.

Najenda: Indeed, only rumors are known about it's capabilities. 

Y/n: Well trust me on this, you NEED to evacuate all the people you can.

Najenda: Why?

Y/n: The Emperor uses it irresponsibly and destroys most of the capital with it. 

Everyone got annoyed by that. 

Leone: How do we defeat it?

Y/n: Well, from how things are going, Tatsumi evolves the armor and gains wings to fly. He creates a weak spot in the abdomen and disables it. However, it began falling towards a group of civilians, so Tatsumi uses the last of his strength to slow it down and stop it from reaching them. That destroys most of his bones and causes a lot of blood loss, so he died then. 

Mine: What!? 

She finally pulls her head from his chest and glared at him. 

Mine: Wasn't there anything else you could do!?

Tatsumi: ...

He didn't look at her. He didn't or wouldn't regret his actions and was sure the future him wouldn't either. Mine glared at him hard and hit her head on his chest. Leone and Akame smiled at the two. 

Y/n: As for the Minister and where he is. He traveled into a hidden escape tunnel, but Leone found him by his scent. 

Leone smiled at what was coming, but the smile had two meanings. 

Y/n: He pulls out a teigu of his own. It was capable of destroying other Teigus easily. He destroys Lionell, but Leone still charges him even when he pulled out a gun and fired. She gets a severe wound to her stomach that was life threatening, but that didn't stop her from caving his head in. 

Leone breathed deeply and grinned. She turned to the others with a cheery smile.

Leone: Ha! I told you I would be the one to kill him!