Chi-Ha-Tan Vs Oaria Alliance Part 5

Start from the beginning

Turtle team, as the tank was known as, had been idle in this position for what seemed like an eternity. Yet it was the flag tank, and its crew knew they would be kept out of the firing line as much as possible. Most likely never seeing any action, yet that was the plan made by their commander and they follow it to the letter.

Though inside the tank, the student council members were receiving some good news.

"Yea...alright...got it," Momo Kawashima said, touching her headphones to listen to the last of her teammate Erwin was relaying back what had been happening in the city so far.

Turning to look over her shoulder at her student council president, and longtime friend Anzu Kadotani, Momo spoke. "Miss Erwin reports that they've taken down the Sherman Jumbo of Chi-Ha-Tan, but we lost Leopon team in the process."

Leaning back in the seat, with one hand reaching into her bag of sweet dried potatoes for another bite, Anzu grin as she spoke. "Well looks like we've taken out the biggest threat to our team. Now Miss Akiyama just needs take the Tiger 1 that's marked as the flag tank for Chi-Ha-Tan and then it's on to the next round."

An embarrassed chuckle came from Yuzu sitting in the driver's seat. "Is it unfair that were making her and the rest of the team do all the work?"

"She's the commander, we're just following her orders," Momo said with a nonchalant tone.

Turning back to her friend seated behind her, Yuzu spoke again. "I know, but Yukari doesn't even know the burden she is carrying on her shoulders. It's a burden that we of the student council should be carrying as well."

Momo frowned at the statement, mostly because Yuzu was right. Unbeknownst to Yukari and the rest of the Oarai team, was their very academy was marked for a shutdown next year. Only the Student council knew, as well as the headmaster of their school. Anzu had made a deal with the head of MEXT Renta Tsuji to keep their school open by winning the National High School Sensha-do Tournament, since Renta made such a fuss that a Sensha-do team were a staple of the school carrier program, giving Anzu the idea to win the tournament, knowing there was no way they close down the national champions without backlash.

Which made the proposal by Anzu seem ludicrous, but Renta had agreed that he couldn't shut down the national champions. In turn, Anzu had notified the Oarai headmaster of this, who agree that he would keep quiet about the school shutdown, praying with all his might that his Sensha-do team would win and keep their academy open.

"Yea, I get that bu-," Momo try to argue.

"Look we got this far because of her. I believe in my junior to win this match, as you should too," Anzu said, trying to ease her friend's minds.

"Maybe we should tell her before the next match," Yuzu suggested.

Momo shook her head. "No, that be too much for her and she might lose focus. As much of a hard time I give her, I can respect her skill for command, not to mention her crew's excellent handling of the Panzer 4. Then add on the training she has us do that has brought a bunch of rookies like us to stand tall with veteran teams."

"Yep, she's the real deal. So let's just lean back and enjoy the quiet," Anzu said cheerily while beginning to munch on a sweet dried potato slice.

"Alright," Yuzu said with a smile then turn back to stare to the front of the tank.

"Oh Yuzu, forgot to ask. Are you and Ogin ever going to shack up?" Anzu tease.

"Yea, you have been hanging around her a lot lately now that I think about it," Momo said giving her friend in front of her a sidelong glance.

A deep crimson blush came over Yuzu's face. "No, we're just friends. She's been asking me to help her with her grades so she can graduate, that's all. She wants to go to the same college as me."