To A Team Of Oddballs

Start from the beginning

For the first time in her life Yukari had made friends, when before it was just her sitting in a room of tank figures by herself, as she found no girls to make friends with in her first year at Oarai Girls academy, and really for most of her life. It was mostly due to her never finding girls who love tanks like she did, while she was still too shy to be around boys who like them. Yet on the first day of her second year at the academy, she had made more friends than she could keep up with.

After finding the initial tanks in the StuG 3, Type 89, M3 Lee, and the most surprising being in the Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer. They clean them out and restore them to fighting condition, but again without any experience they didn't know what to do next, and Yukari's vast tank knowledge could only do so much.

Luckily that inexperience was remedied by JSDF Captain Ami Chono, who came to instruct the girls in tank operation. For the next several weeks, Ami stay with the team to prep them up to fighting status, before the Qualifiers were she would have to step away since she was to be a referee. She help the girls tremendously learn the ins and outs of their tanks with careful instruction and tutoring, to which these rookies grasp quickly, which earn much praise from Ami for their quick learning, which was beyond anything she had ever seen, even at youth academy levels.

Yukari was promoted to commander after a mock free for all battle after Ami deem it was safe and that the girls were ready to fire rounds at each other without them hurting themselves. Though a bit awkward at first for Yukari to be a tank commander, she soon got the hang of it, couple with Hana's finding her inner marksmen, Mako's excellent driving, and Kisa's awesome loading, their Panzer 4 wreak havoc on their team, which made Anzu pick her to be the commander going forward.

After their wrecking at the hands of St. Gloriana, and the embarrassing Anglerfish dance afterward, Yukari had found an excellent strategist to help her in Riko Matsumoto, or better known by her spirit name of Erwin, the great German Panzer commander of Word War Two. With Erwin's help, Yukari form strategies that would become the staple of the team that became their sort of motto, fluidity with power. Erwin even gave Yukari the spirit name Guderian because of the strategies she had come up with.

The fluidity paid off against West Kureouji Grona Academy who was constantly outmaneuvered by their forces, and worn down to nothing in the end, the power had come against Koala Forest who they counter-attacked at just the right time and separated their flag tank from their team. Then chase it to a point, then use their artillery to trap it to take it down and win the match.

Now they had another foe to prove this fluidity and power strategy, and that foe was the unbeaten Tigress Corps, under the command of brilliant strategist and commander, Miho Nishizumi. Yukari had to keep pinching herself thinking she had to be dreaming that now she had the opportunity to take on her idol, who inspire her to want to be in tankery.

Yet it still irk her that fate had decided to take the chance away for them to be on the same team, as she learn from Anzu that Miho had been transferring to Oarai, then for some reason transferred to Chi-Ha-Tan. It still made Yukari wonder why she chose to go there instead of Oarai, yet there was no point wondering now since what was done was done. Plus, she had the chance to meet Miho in this match, and even maybe meet her before the.....

"Miss Yukari, do you think you and Miss Erwin, have a strategy to take the Tigress Corps down?" Kisa asked, dragging Yukari from her thoughts.

"Oh," Yukari said, coming back to reality. "We're still working things out for now, especially since we need to bring in some new members to the team for the next match."

"I heard Miss Koyama and Miss Kawashima went off to the underworld of the school carrier to gather some new members, is that true?" Kisa asked.

"Yea, she called it 'the Johannesburg of Oarai', a place for the delinquents of our school, though I don't quite believe that, but we register eleven tanks now because we found that other one, so we need a crew for our newest tank," Yukari explain.