"I met Hazel and Kai in Italy. Garrett is my head of security and Daniel is Kai's head of security."

"Head of security? Why would you need a head of security?"

"That's part of the story that I will tell you in a second but if you get scared promise you won't runaway. You can leave and think but promise you'll come to me." She let's go of my hand and grabs my face.

She looks so vulnerable right now that it breaks my heart.

"Whatever happens I'm not going anywhere," I push my body against her and peck her lips. "I love you." I whisper against her lips.

She smiles. "I love you too."

We both walk back into the living room and everyone has taken a seat.

"Can I hug you?" Hazel asks the second we enter and I nod hesitantly.

She quickly stands up and comes towards me. I open my arms a little and she does the same. Then she pulls me in and hugs me tight.

"It's so nice to finally meet you. We have heard so much about you."

"I would say likewise but this is the first time I'm hearing both your names." She turns around and glares at Megan.

"What? I can't just come out and say it. Don't forget how you reacted when Kai told you." She says and Hazel rolls her eyes.

"Okay I'm guessing we're about to tell her everything aren't we?" Kai asks and Megan nods.

"Alright before we do Garrett get your butt outside." She tells him and he looks terrified.

Garrett doesn't seem much older than Megan.

"It's not my fault boss Megan told me not to tell you." He blurts out.

"Megan you too." Kai glares at her and she gulps.

We all silently walk to the backyard and Hazel is looking at Megan and Garrett amusedly.

"Nice to officially meet you." He whispers quickly as he passes me and I smile at him. He seems like a good guy.

Hazel and I stand leaning on the wall and Daniel stands a little farther away from us.

I look back at Garrett and see that he put the gun that was around his waist on the ground.

"Is that real?" I ask Hazel.

"Yeah you'll get used to it." What does that even mean?

I bring my attention back to Megan and she looks so scared.

"I heard you got arrested." Kai says looking at Megan.

"Depends on what your definition of arrested is, I was released after a couple of hours." Megan replies smiling at her and they start circling each other.

Before I can comprehend what is happening Kai throws a punch and Megan dodges it but barely.

"What did I tell you before you moved back?" Kai asks her.

Megan throws a punch back but Kai dodges it so easily.

"Something about take care of yourself and tell you whenever I'm in danger." She replies.

Danger?

Kai nods, "so you wanna tell me why you've doubled security and why you have our people looking to find two people?" She asks.

Security?

Kai lunges towards Megan and they both fall to the ground. She holds Megan down and brings a hand up to punch her but only holds it above her face.

"You're family, you're my right hand person. For gods sake you're my daughters godmother what would I do if something happened to you again?"

Did she just say again?

"Stop them." I tell Hazel.

"That's how they handle their problems, they'll be okay in a second." She replies. I look back at Megan and see that she's struggling to get free.

"How many times do I have to tell you that nothing can happen to you. That you're important." Kai slightly raises her voice at Megan which causes her to stop struggling and she lets Kai pin her down.

"What did Hazel ask you to do before you left?" Kai asks and her voice is back to normal.

"Visit every month." Megan mumbles but I still hear it.

"I-I couldn't visit because I didn't want to leave Avery and because she doesn't know. I didn't know how to tell her." She says which makes me even more confused. Kai slowly lets her go and gets up.

"We're gonna have a long chat just me and you after we're done telling Avery everything." Kai tells her and she nods.

"Daniel teach your brother a lesson will you?" Kai asks him as she's helping Megan up.

"Gladly." He replies and goes towards his brother.

Hazel and I start walking back inside with Megan and Kai a little behind us.

"Have you seen the scars on her stomach?" Hazel asks as we're walking to the couch and it sounds like it took everything in her to ask that question.

"Yeah but she didn't tell me how she got them." I answer and she sighs.

"Harper was right, I was kidnapped and Megan being Megan had to jump in and save the day."

I take a deep breath and sit down on the couch. Whatever I'm about to hear I have a feeling it's gonna be a big deal.