Chapter 15 || The chapter everyone abt to kill Quan aka "Regret " ||

Tam

"So... how'd you get that scar?" Keefe asked nervously.

Those 6 words cause Tams mind to go 100 miles per hour into the past. His mind recalled moments he wished to forget 4 years back. But every time he looked into the mirror, he got reminded of it. It was so... aggravating. 

So...weak.  

He was weak.

But he had gotten stronger... Right?

Tams mind flooded with thoughts he couldn't push out of his head. It was his fault this happened. And although his dad didn't need to go this far he still caused this. If he had just... oh well. It was over with. 

Tam knew the emotions he was feeling. And he felt these emotions way too often. Not around anyone else of course. But in his room. All alone. Where no one could here him. And he could just think. Think alone. No distractions. His emotions piled up on top of him. Almost until he couldn't think.

Anxiety.

Guilt.

Disappointment.

Regret.

But thanks to Keefes worried voice, Tam popped  right out of his neglectful thoughts.

"I-it's Fine... if you don't want to talk about it." Keefe said as his eyes had a look of regret on his face. "Sorry."

"N-no it's o-okay, you should probably know." Tam stuttered as he mentally prepared for this moment. He could just lie and say something completely different. Was he really ready to know what Tam was capable of when he got... how do you put this...emotional? No, He trusted Keefe. Didn't he? Tam decided to suck it up and say the 4 words he had been dreading to say.

"It was my dad."

And although he spoke at such a low volume to the point that it was barley audible, Keefe had heard it. And it didn't take long for him to start going crazy about it.

"What!? You're dad did that!?" Keefe yelled as he was clearly about to walk over to wherever Tams dad was and chop him into little pieces.

"Keefe! It wasn't really his fault!" Tam tried but Keefe completely ignored this.

"What do you mean it wasn't his fault!? So what? He chops your face off and it isn't his fault!?" He yelled.

"I- dude! It's a tiny scratch! He didn't chop my face off!" Tam said utterly confused.

"It's the same thing!" Keefe, once again yelled.

"Oh my, Keefe! Would you let me explain!" Tam tried reasoning, but Keefe was still at it.

"Did he cut Linh too?!" Keefe asked. Tam could tell he was genuinely concerned for the both of them but, maybe he was being a little too overdramatic? Okay, no scrap that. He was being REALLY overdramatic.

"Keefe! Would you listen to me!?" Tam yelled which seemed to shut Keefe up. Tam never really yelled. He would have a warning tone to his voice half the time but, he usually didn't yell.

"Thanks." Tam said as he sighed. " Really, this wasn't really my dads fault. It was sort of mine? I don't know..."

"Yeah, okay so if someone slices your face it's now the victims fault. Okay Tam! You're making good sense right now!" Keefe deadpanned.

"Keefe, just listen, please," Tam begged.

"Fine." Keefe pouted as he reluctantly let Tam start his story?

"So basically, this happened when I found out they were banishing my sister to exillium. And my parents were trying to pass me off as an only child. And all I could really think was how selfish they were being and how reckless. Like who just carelessly sends their kid away to never see them again? But anyway, I was really angry. So was my dad. And we ended getting into this really big, uncalled for argument. And I- I don't really remember what exactly happened, but I felt like I was going to explode. Like my ears were rings, I couldn't see clearly, my hands were burning, and I think I was hyperventilating..."

Tam paused for a moment to take a deep breath. He was going to explain what really happened. And there was no going back.

Keefe listened carefully to Tams story as he took in all the small details. He made sure not to interrupt even though there were already times where he wanted Tam to stop and slow down but, he kept it all in. It wasn't long before Tam continued with his story again.

"It was something inside of me that wanted to get out. And that's all I remember before I felt my dad slice my face with a shattered piece of glass that was lying down on the floor. As soon as he sliced me, I started focusing on the pain I felt instead of the whole banishing thing, so I guess it calmed me down. My ears stoped ringing, my vision cleared, my breathing returned to normal, and my hands got cooler. The first thing I remember was the living room being in total chaos. Like glass from paintings were all on the floor, and the plants were knocked down and broken. Until I looked at my dad who had a really big slash in his arm. And I'm assuming I caused that. A-and I just remember my mom saying ' Oh, not you too. Quan what are we going to do with these kids!?'. Like we were some sort of curse..."

As Tam finished his parent love story he took a deep breath. Did he really just say all of that? He told his like biggest secret of secrets? One that only the people who were a part to witness knew? But then again, he did trust Keefe. And Keefe trusted him.

"So..." Keefe started. "Basically if you get too mad you like explode into some sort a crazy powerful shade?" 

"Uhm. Yeah. It's just when I have a strong emotion. Kind of like you." Tam explained.

"Oh. It's still your dads fault though." Keefe said.

"Yeah but, I might have terribly injured someone if he hadn't done that. But still, he could've though of something else. Now every time I look into a mirror I'm reminded of their glittery prison." Tam said as he  regretfully looked down at his fingers.

" But hey, at least it hasn't happened again, right?" Keefe said hopefully.

"Yeah. Yeah, not yet." Tam said.

Tam was filled with regret. It was scary knowing what he was capable of. And if he hadn't let himself get out of control that night, everything would've been so different. He would probably more expressive with his emotions instead of trying to avoid them all the time. It was scary. Tam was extremely unsettled. 

He wasn't used to opening up about such a large topic. But they trusted each other.

And that was all that mattered.

Word count : 1092

Okay ahahahaha so someone reminded me I completely forgot abt Linh and Dex and I was like omg yeah I did so I quickly added them so sorry if it triggered you lol. But anyway this chapter is just mainly about tams backstory and there will be a chapter like this but towards keefe. Why was this kinda sad like Tammy don't be sad like your dad is a 👎🏼👎🏼. But yeahhh hope you  enjoyed reading and stay positive! <3